Top 100 Albums fails (SQL error) on MySQL
Thanks @DaveBlake once again! I can see the problem now.
Confirmed!!: I changed the remaining 5 long album titles (in addition to the first one discussed earlier, 6 in total) to short values, and the Top-100 list is working OK

Assuming that new Matrix installations will get the new code for udfNaturalSortFormat, and seeing that updating the SQL function code is painful on existing Matrix installations, I propose: what if you just leave it as-is on existing installs. Anyone with problems such as myself, can always do a re-migration from Music72 to get a new Music82 db built with the new function code and get the issue corrected, it's not a big deal.

And in the future, whenever Kodi moves to Music83 or beyond, that DB migration opportunity could be used to get the new function code in place and everyone will get the fix.

If you have a patched 19.x or 20.x version for Mac, I can revert my cuesheet changes, delete the Music82 db, and retest the flow.

On the plus side of all of this, the Kodi music DB handling code is becoming ultra bullet proof, no matter what we throw at it, it can handle Smile. Thanks Dave again for this outstanding piece of software

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 100 Albums fails (SQL error) on MySQL - by htpcero - 2021-04-13, 17:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top 100 Albums fails (SQL error) on MySQL0