Disharmony
Logitech stopping manufacture of harmony remotes...., but continuing support and update of hardware database.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/commun...0000658341

End of an era.
Not surprised, but sad to see this. I do think they'll stop supporting within a few years. Hope they sell Harmony to another manufacturer & the product line lives on.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2021-04-12, 02:26)hdmkv Wrote: Not surprised, but sad to see this. I do think they'll stop supporting within a few years. Hope they sell Harmony to another manufacturer & the product line lives on.

Reports I've read suggest that they considered this a few years ago and decided against, and this time aren't expecting to sell the product line on.  It had kind of come to a dead end I think.  (The reality was that the 'smart' remote aspect of them never really quite delivered in my experience - stuff always got out of sync - and they were best used as 'X-in-One' remotes - but they weren't optimised for this, particularly the higher-end models with touch screens. They also had some really annoying aspects that meant that some functionality ended up causing you to fight their set-up process.)  

It's a real pity that a decent smart remote still hasn't really arrived.  (I have the Hub, the smart and dumb remotes for the hub, and a few of the older standalone models)
Am a user for the past 15 years or so ... had two remotes, currently the Elite with Hub, been using it without any issues.

Since I have everything except for the TV in a closet in another room ... this comes quite hard.
No idea if there are even any other products on the market that would suite my needs.
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
Such a love hate with Harmony remotes...we all know the setup of these is an absolutely garbage experience - many folks they just can't seem to get their heads around Activities...but if you do, and if you persist with the horror show that is setting them up, there's no better solution.

The combination of hard buttons for all the main tasks, plus a flexible/programmable screen for extras, make these the ultimate (affordable) Home Theatre Kodi drivers, with great WAF.  But for most folks CEC/phones are the easier/more obvious solution to the problem....

That said, the Squeezebox community is still remarkably strong many years later, so perhaps these too will live on for some time until something better / as good comes along.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disharmony0