List of Scripts/Plugins that work on specific builds?
So, in trying to get certain scripts/plugins that work on my current Windows build, I started wondering if there was such a thing...

I'm looking for a Matrix of some sort that might indicate whether or not a particular script works certain builds...

-------- Name | PL/S | Windows | XBOX | LINUX | OSX
------------------------------------------------------
Video Monkey | PL| Yes (1,2)| Yes | Yes | Yes
Veoh Proxy | S | NO | Yes | Yes | No
Ninja Video | PL | NO | Yes | Yes | Yes

You see where I am going with this? PL (Installed as Plugin), S (Installed as Script)

Notes next to the Yes in the Windows column indicate it works, but there would be some exceptions, or documented "issues".

The example above does not reflect the curent status of a particular build, I am using it solely as an example of what I am looking for.
There are no such list atm. These issues are well known. Many scripts/plugins go unmaintained after awhile and either breaks due to changes on the service they are using (eg: a webpage they parse changes) or something in xbmc changes and the script/plugin is poorly written and breaks because of that.

There has been numerous attempts to keep an upto date list, but they usually dies.
blittan,

Thanks for the reply. I understand how a script/plugin could break, and that would be one thing, but I have had problems getting some work from the start. For example, I beat my head against the wall trying to get the VeohProxy script to work with my Windows build, only to learn that it will not after searching/posting about my problem. Would have been nice to go to the "Script Support Matrix" or something to that effect to see that it does not work before I downloaded and struggled with it.

I must say, the work that goes on by all the developers on this project, including those that contribute skins/plugins/etc, is amazing! I am almost ready to abandon my VMC as my main HTPC with XBMC, but the final straw is getting the plugins/scripts working on my build.

Thanks again!
That table should be perfect for the wiki... so, many user could contribute to it (first of all, the plugin/script creator!)

Also, instead of just "yes/no", it should include the version tested *and* date of testing... so you may know that a given version worked (or not) under atlantis alpha4 as of 26-aug-08

The cherry on top would be for the add-on manager that is being created to use that info when listing and installing scripts/plugins...
Good idea, if it happens.
I guess the next best thing was the change to the forum posting rules to include the build we are referencing when talking about scripts, etc..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List of Scripts/Plugins that work on specific builds?0