Win Kodi stopped working suddenly, will crash instantly upon starting any video/stream
1. Version of Kodi- 19.1
2. Windows Version- Windows 10
3. CPU/Architecture Ryzen 5 1600
4. RAM amount 16 GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem No matter what video I start, the program will instantly crash to desktop. I have tried reinstalling Kodi, all drivers are updated, etc. I want to mention that this problem just appeared today I haven't had any issue previously.
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem- Windows, worth noting I tired playing the same videos/channels from the same addon on my Android phone and it works flawlessly.
7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.) https://paste.kodi.tv/irusediden.kodi
StartScript - calling plugin עידן+ פלוס('plugin://plugin.video.idanplus seems to suggest some issue here with either a translate or operational challenge. עידן+ פלוס
Watch Idan plus channels seems to suggest loading up some add-on that I'm unfamiliar with, I suspect this add-on to be Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki). First opportunity would be to delete  %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata/guisettings.xml putting default settings back. Failing that, would be to eliminate the add-on (if you have a device plugged in like a drive/joystick, unplug it). As a last resort, eliminate the entire C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and re-launch. Suspect is old Python 2 add-on which needs updating to a Pyhton 3 environment.
How can it be banned if it works on my android device and another PC? Sad
I tried all 3 steps, no success unfortunately
(2021-05-17, 11:50)BlackRey Wrote: How can it be banned if it works on my android device and another PC? Sad
I tried all 3 steps, no success unfortunately
If it works on another Windows system, there might have been some file corruption involved on the system giving you problems.
You might want to do a disk check (explorer right click on C: - properties -tools - click on check & scan drive.
Then to check windows file system, from an elevated command prompt (as admin) run sfc /scannow. The log will end up in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS
See what the log tells you. If repairs were needed, reboot the system and try Kodi again.
Also, try another addon to see if you have issues there as well. If not, then the addon is the culprit.
I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 in this case it's a cache problem, I installed a repository to fix the cache bug but after a while it ends up crashing again, unfortunately I didn't find a solution besides downgrading to 18.9
(2021-05-18, 21:53)GladistonXD Wrote: I installed a repository to fix the cache bu
Didn't know about an add-on that fixes cache issues; but in that statement it's clear that you are installing 3rd party fixes, and outside repositories etc. Please have a quick read of 'Caution add-ons you install' in my signature at the bottom of this message. Suggest a proper debug this time around might have more meaning especially if taken from a crash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stopped working suddenly, will crash instantly upon starting any video/stream0