Release Metropolis 4.0.1 for Kodi 19 (Matrix)
Metropolis 4.0.1 for Kodi 19

You are welcome to provide feedback specific to this release in this thread, but please do not request features here. For feature requests, please make a new thread.

Be patient while the release propagates through the repo mirrors.

HUGE shoutout to @MacGyver !  Without him, this release would not have happened!

CHANGES
4.0.1 - 20210525
  • Add "Zoomed" fontset for the visually impaired.
  • Fix missing studio and codec icons in the music visualization screen.
  • Fix missing cdart in Kodi 18+.
  • Add clearlogos for music artists and a setting to toggle it.
  • Add a larger CD case, discart, and codec info tiles when clock is disabled.
  • Add the ability to sort the order in which the widget main menu background is displayed.
  • Remove all artwork.downloader and add artwork.beef.
  • Update skinshortcuts features to include Enable and Disable ability.
  • Update Next-Aired features to cover all show states.
  • Add breadcrumbs for Roles.
  • Add DTSHRA and DTSHD-HRA media flags.
  • Add support for lyrics script.
  • Display sets icon if item is part of a set.
  • Add jump-to-letter.
  • Add extra color profiles.
  • Fix for plot running into playback rate.
  • Fix for mp3 audio codec icon until a real Kodi fix is submitted (returns mp3float instead of mp3).
  • Fix for transparent Addon dialog.
  • Fix Home Furniture submenu transparent issue.
  • Fixed dialog order for various windows.
  • Add time formatting options.
  • Add playspeed control.
  • Add color management support.
  • Add 3d icon to list view.
  • Add support to launch ExtendedInfo script from video info.
  • Add missing icons.
  • Add Games support.
Auto-update worked as it should, everything seems good from here.

Nice to be back in the official repo. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hi,

thx for the update. Haven't used Metropolis in quite some time and still fells very familiar and snappy.
Haven't encountered any major bugs yet, need to test more tho.

I use Kodi alot for music playback, clearlogo + star rating are still stretched and the discart rotates as fast as a buzzsaw :O

KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Noted for 4.1.0
Just tried this on a Pi 4, and all is working well. Beautiful as always. Thank you for sharing this.

tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Hi @jingai

I have been using your skin for the last week, and I am really liking it. Smile

When on the home screen is there an option to rotate fanart that is available in the library? I know I can change from the default static image, to single image or multi-image, but using the multi-image requires that I copy (and duplicate) the artwork already present in my library into separate folders for music, movie and tv shows, as well as some playlists I have setup.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-08, 23:56)Karellen Wrote: When on the home screen is there an option to rotate fanart that is available in the library? I know I can change from the default static image, to single image or multi-image, but using the multi-image requires that I copy (and duplicate) the artwork already present in my library into separate folders for music, movie and tv shows, as well as some playlists I have setup.

Not currently, though I'll consider it for a future release.
(2021-08-09, 19:30)jingai Wrote: Not currently, though I'll consider it for a future release.
Ok, thanks.

Another question. I notice that you do not display "Last Played" and "Play Count" for movies, tv shows and episodes. Is there a reason for this?
Could you point me to the correct files to make the change as shown in the screenshots below (or something similar) for movies, tv shows and episodes?

And I also cannot figure out why on my testing pc with movies, some movies show the fanart box (in the same place as the episode thumb) but on my main install, the fanart box is not shown. Could you tell me which setting controls that.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-09, 23:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-09, 19:30)jingai Wrote: Not currently, though I'll consider it for a future release.
Ok, thanks.

Another question. I notice that you do not display "Last Played" and "Play Count" for movies, tv shows and episodes. Is there a reason for this?
Could you point me to the correct files to make the change as shown in the screenshots below (or something similar) for movies, tv shows and episodes?

And I also cannot figure out why on my testing pc with movies, some movies show the fanart box (in the same place as the episode thumb) but on my main install, the fanart box is not shown. Could you tell me which setting controls that.

Your best bet is to create Issues for the things you're asking for on the GitHub repo so I can prioritize what happens on the next release.

To be frank, the skin is something I use on a number of machines, but the people in my household are generally happy with it at this point, including myself.  Most of what I'd like to do with the skin is to maintain it so we can keep using it as Kodi releases new versions; but for new features, it'd be much more helpful to receive PRs from people that are excited about the general aesthetic of the skin.  Not speaking to you directly, but in general.. I just lack the time and energy to really focus on this particular project these days.

Regarding the fanart image on Movies.. I don't use that view type for movies a lot, but I just checked all of my own on several machines and it seems the issue is limited (for me) to old DVD rips (m2ts files).  Maybe that's a clue, but we can explore more if you make an Issue on GitHub.
(2021-08-10, 05:48)jingai Wrote: Your best bet is to create Issues for the things you're asking for on the GitHub repo so I can prioritize what happens on the next release.
Sure, no problems. I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can figure it out. Skinning is not my forté Smile

I'll open an issue on Github re the fanart panel images for movies and tv shows as I have just discovered missing fanart panels for tv shows. Most are there, but some are missing.

Thanks.
My Signature
Hi, I hope someone could help me. I have updated my KODI to 19.1 and now my Metropolis skin is gone. So I googled and found this Thread here Smile
Unfortunately I have no luck with installing the new Metropolis version. I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropolis but when I try to install it via the add-on manager, it says it is not compatible Huh
Do I have the wrong version? How can I make sure to download the version for Kodi 19?
Ha, it´s me again Wink  I guess I was just simply not patient enough. After my Kodi was running for roundabout an hour, it suddenly began to update most of it´s addons and most importantly also Metropolis! Nod
Now that it is running again, I will most certainly be able to fix the minor issues that I will probably have.
So thanks and sorry for bothering you Angel
(2021-08-10, 05:48)jingai Wrote: Most of what I'd like to do with the skin is to maintain it so we can keep using it as Kodi releases new versions; but for new features, it'd be much more helpful to receive PRs from people that are excited about the general aesthetic of the skin.

Wow I'm kinda blown away by this skin. The GUI changes when selecting different themes was amazing; not just colours, but images as well. 
It also works (mostly) fine on Nexus LibreElec builds.
I think I may have to bump Amber off of one of my machines because I like both skins so much Smile
I have come across a couple issues, but I'm not sure if they are skin or Nexus related just yet; I will report on github as you requested if I figure its a skin issue.

Thanks.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 4.0.1 for Kodi 19 (Matrix)0