WEB-DL 4K media flag
Kittmaster, much appreciated your efforts to resurrect Madnox!

On the task at hand, maybe a solid base would be to make sure that *arr app stack naming conventions translates well to flags shown in Kodi? Everybody is free to name their files as they see fit, but if one wants to stay sane, *arr apps conventions (and TRaSH Guides) should be the common denominator. Just my two cents. Things have evolved in the last few years, and the flag logic may be different now than when Madnox was originally built. It's somewhat telling that the flags collection when it comes to the 'videocodec' folder is a combo of media sources, containers, codecs, and so on, further confusing the issue.

From the top of my head there are three cases, where the logic needs to be re-evaluated:
- the result is plain wrong -> i.e. WEBDL-2160p gets a UltraHD Bluray flag, probably based on resolution alone, but that is incorrect.
- currently if the skin fails to detect the source (WEBDL, Bluray, UltraHD Bluray, DVD, etc) it will shows the codec instead. These things - source, resolution, codec - should be separated and not substituted one for the other; maybe more like "show it if it exists/it's detected; if not - not"
- there are... more complex tokens to be evaluated. For example "Remux-2160p" should always trigger the UltraHD Bluray source flag and the 4kRemux resolution flag.
(2024-03-10, 01:00)Daydream Wrote: Kittmaster, much appreciated your efforts to resurrect Madnox!

On the task at hand, maybe a solid base would be to make sure that *arr app stack naming conventions translates well to flags shown in Kodi? Everybody is free to name their files as they see fit, but if one wants to stay sane, *arr apps conventions (and TRaSH Guides) should be the common denominator. Just my two cents. Things have evolved in the last few years, and the flag logic may be different now than when Madnox was originally built. It's somewhat telling that the flags collection when it comes to the 'videocodec' folder is a combo of media sources, containers, codecs, and so on, further confusing the issue.

From the top of my head there are three cases, where the logic needs to be re-evaluated:
- the result is plain wrong -> i.e. WEBDL-2160p gets a UltraHD Bluray flag, probably based on resolution alone, but that is incorrect.
- currently if the skin fails to detect the source (WEBDL, Bluray, UltraHD Bluray, DVD, etc) it will shows the codec instead. These things - source, resolution, codec - should be separated and not substituted one for the other; maybe more like "show it if it exists/it's detected; if not - not"
- there are... more complex tokens to be evaluated. For example "Remux-2160p" should always trigger the UltraHD Bluray source flag and the 4kRemux resolution flag.

I've been trying to hunt a congruent family set of codec and resolution media icons/flags/images but they are impossible to find as a set to include:
  1. Same color scheme
  2. Same body outline
  3. All inclusive types: SD, HD, HD-DVD, USH, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p etc... 

All seem to be fragmented, I don't relish having to build new artwork, but may have to for consistency.

The texture tool is a pile of junk as it doesn't decompile .xbt texture files to be able to get from other texture files.

Spent most of the day chasing tail. My plans are to make corrections to follow the confluence skin for the flags shown on these files... unless someone knows they are wrong, and I know how to add an extra flag position if I need to add web-dl outside of the normal flag operations... so still a WIP and ensuring I get it right.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-10, 02:17)kittmaster Wrote: The texture tool is a pile of junk as it doesn't decompile .xbt texture files to be able to get from other texture files.
Which texture tool? It unpacks xbt files for me.
It doesn't like spaces in the path, so best to put the xbt in the root of the drive when trying to unpack it.
Failing that, they should be in the source github repo.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-10, 02:17)kittmaster Wrote: The texture tool is a pile of junk as it doesn't decompile .xbt texture files to be able to get from other texture files.
They'll be separate textures at the source (GitHub).
(2024-03-10, 04:54)Karellen Wrote:
It doesn't like spaces in the path, so best to put the xbt in the root of the drive when trying to unpack it.

It is version 2.9.2 and it keeps telling me there is an update 2.9.2!

I verified there are no spaces in the path as some noted. 

It might be some issue with the output path, but the log shows it's missing the double quote....but might be just a log thing.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-10, 04:54)Karellen Wrote:

Tried much shorter paths:

Code:

******************Program start*****************
Current Time: 2024.03.10-09:22:26
Running Version: 2.9.2
RegRead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VC\VCRedist\x86: 1
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
09:22:27: TexturePacker Version: 1.1.1.0
09:22:29: Decompile Mode started.
09:22:34: Path to .xbt File: C:\1\Textures.xbt
09:22:37: Path to output directory:C:\1\dump
09:23:14: Running command:base.exe "C:\1\Textures.xbt" "C:\1\dump
09:23:14: base.exe running.
09:23:14: base.exe closed.
09:23:14: Opening outputdirectory.
Mr. V's Original Source
Thanks for the interface. I tried to test it on CoreELEC Os. I use usb TBS dvb tuner as live tv on my device. Let me give you some screenshots

Overlap in writing
Efforts are ongoing, explanation here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3181667
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-12, 19:49)crazyturk Wrote: Thanks for the interface. I tried to test it on CoreELEC Os. I use usb TBS dvb tuner as live tv on my device. Let me give you some screenshots

Overlap in writing

I feared this might happen, I don't have a PVR, I'll have to get something that can enable that so I can test it here. Clearly the changes I made have corrupted the PVR settings. I'll have to revert it until I can get it sorted out.
Mr. V's Original Source
Thanks, I removed the interface from the system and reinstalling it with the new warehouse, I made detailed settings, everything is fine.
My problem right now is the slow operation of the system.
Logistical question... the overlay drops down by X... if it were to extend further down... would that be acceptable even if it covers more of the video area to add the extra information?
Mr. V's Original Source
A line can be added or the letters can be slightly reduced.
I will revisit this...i have a USB TV tuner somewhere that I will dig up and try out and reset and restore the format and reformat the new additions. I'm still working on other things that are burning up my time, but this will be a mid priority since I screwed it up not having test it with a PVR and realizing what the outcome would be.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-21, 13:21)kittmaster Wrote: I feared this might happen, I don't have a PVR, I'll have to get something that can enable that so I can test it here. Clearly the changes I made have corrupted the PVR settings. I'll have to revert it until I can get it sorted out.

You can install the demo client.
(2024-03-27, 12:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-03-21, 13:21)kittmaster Wrote: I feared this might happen, I don't have a PVR, I'll have to get something that can enable that so I can test it here. Clearly the changes I made have corrupted the PVR settings. I'll have to revert it until I can get it sorted out.

You can install the demo client.

Wow, didn't even know that existed!

I'll give that a look, that will save me some grief.

Thank you Mike!!
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WEB-DL 4K media flag0