• 104(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
Hi!

I wonder is it possible to add the skin a new view?
For addons like youtube and twitch, but maybe other cases, the Landscape Wall Small would be nice but it shows nothing about the video itself. Not even title. And the thumbnail is not always helpful.
So I thought could be combined with the Landscape Showcase view. Keep the top 2 line of thumbnails, but in the bottom row, could go the info box from the showcase.
(just a mockup image)

I tried to follow the guide in the wiki, but failed miserably. I did small mods before but this time I have no idea where I went wrong, or even where I could find the two view xmls to modify and look at their code.

Any ideas how could I do this?
@TurDo Would it be possible to change the focus behavior of the Settings menu?

Right now, when you click on one of the tiles in the Settings menu, the focus stays on the left-most column. So if you press down, you go to the next Settings item instead of staying within the Settings tile that you chose.

It would be more intuitive that when you click on, for example, the Skin Settings tile, the focus would land on the first item in the second column (in this case Home) and when you press down, the focus moves to the second item within Skin Settings (i.e. Background).
@MrMagic sure, you can check it out -> https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...s/main.zip
@TurDo Thanks a lot. This works much more intuitive for me. I hope other people agree and this change can stay in Smile
It seems to be working well.   Smile
Would it be possible to get a unified S0E0 throughout the skin, right now somethings are say s1e1 others 1x01, I'd personally prefer s1e01 (or even the s1e1) I was also wondering about whatever the big poster view that seasons and the main series listing is to be more of a centered pick for left based but it's no big deal. There's a few odd bugs that i'm not sure is skin or kodi based where it forgets the library title and just says title, either way thanks for keeping this thing up to date
Hi @TurDo,

I have been a big fan of Arctic Zephyr Resurrection (by heppen), now planning to upgrade to Kodi 21 and learnt that the said skin doesn't work on Omega version.
Wanted to install this mod by TurDo who is currently maintaining the great skin, many thanks to you for keeping my favourite skin alive.

My question is, can I somehow bring all the skin settings from my previous version (heppen) to this skin? so that I needn't have to configure it all-over again.
Experts may help me in this regard please...
Thanks in advance.
@zeeya If you plan to upgrade your current install to Kodi 21 I think you can just:

1. Temporarily switch to the Estuary skin
  2. Update Kodi to version 21
  3. Update the installed AZ2:R skin with @TurDo 's build using his new repo (it uses the same package name as the original)
  4. Switch to the updated AZ2:R skin
(2024-04-25, 19:56)MrMagic Wrote: @zeeya If you plan to upgrade your current install to Kodi 21 I think you can just:

1. Temporarily switch to the Estuary skin
  2. Update Kodi to version 21
  3. Update the installed AZ2:R skin with @TurDo 's build using his new repo (it uses the same package name as the original)
  4. Switch to the updated AZ2:R skin

Great, thanks a lot, successfully updated the skin.
Hello!

@TurDo has released a trial version of the AZ2:R skin. The trial version (Omega) is dedicated mainly to Android TV boxes:
https://mega.nz/file/M1N1yJIY#oz-JGVBNDK...PnUNhU6wOs

I tested this version and everything works fine.

The change is useful for those using options with scrolling bar: scrolling the video progress bar (OK and button works during pause). Included in skin settings:
Settings > SKIN > Video/Music > VIDEO OSD > Allow progress bar to scroll > OK   (this feature was also recently introduced in the AZ2:R skin)

When we already have the "Allow progress bar to scroll" option enabled in the settings

This will bring up the information panel when you press the up arrow a second time.

However, pressing the down arrow twice closes the OSD.

You can also close the OSD with the "back" button.

Attention!!!  To use these functions, there is no further need to enable: Settings > SKIN > Video/Music > VIDEO OSD > Display additional information about the material being played - THIS FUNCTION SHOULD BE DISABLED!  Clarification, it does not disable extended information.

However, you must enable the "Allow progress bar to scroll" option in the OSD in the skin settings.

Once again, I would like to point out that the changes in the trial version are dedicated to Android TV devices, although this version also works on other operating systems without any problems. A version with the change is expected in release 1.0.14 of the AZ2:R skin

The description is a bit complicated, but navigating the Android TV remote control in the OSD during pause using 4 arrows (lower/higher/left/right) is very convenient in AZ2:R thanks to the changes introduced by @TurDo.

The AZ2:R skin is an increasingly better skin...  Smile   Undoubtedly, thanks to the work put in by @TurDo since he became its maintainer, it is constantly developing in the right direction.  Respect and thanks to him for that.
Hello!

@TurDo has released version 1.0.14 of the AZ2:R skin.  Smile   This version already includes changes that were in the trial version of the skin. I wrote about it above.
Hello!

I have probably tested all possible skins on Android TV equipment, currently I am using AZ2:R. In my opinion, @TurDo in version 1.0.14 has already perfectly refined the operation of the Android TV remote control in this skin. Currently, operating Kodi on Android TV through this skin is a real pleasure.   Smile
The AZ2:R skin continues to develop positively and in my opinion it is now the number 1 installable skin for Android TV hardware. 

I recommend this skin for Android TV
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0