• 93(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
New Issues with widgets potentially?

Hi I am getting a lot of issues with crashing on the skin.
I am not exactly sure when it started.
I already feel like this post isn't going to be the most helpful.

I use a lot of widgets, some are done on playlists, some are done on autowidget programs, some are done on kodi and skin helpers.

Near enough each time I update the video library, the widgets begin to spin (update) - they freeze and Kodi crashes.

I am not really sure what to do, to help provide more information but 9 out of 10 times I get the crash.

I've not had much luck disabling certain widgets, the issue is better if I remove widgets from the Videos menu (under submenu I have update and clean); however I have noticed that I still get the crashing of Kodi if Im scrolling through the menus at the same time they update for whatever reason.

Im going to try recreating my menus and widgets on reloaded; and see if there is a difference.  But I like Resurrection due to the emulator roms views; any advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks
Chris
I have a small problem related to how the paths are stored in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml, but I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the script itself or in how this skin is using the script.

Some paths in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml are properly using the "special" protocol while others use the full local path:

Quote:<include name="skinshortcuts-submenu-1">
        <item id="1">
            <property name="id">$NUMBER[1]</property>
            <property name="mainmenuid">1</property>
            <label>In Progress Movies</label>
            <icon>special://skin/extras/icons/timer.png</icon>
            <onclick>D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2.resurrection.mod\extras\playlists\InProgressMovies.xsp</onclick>

This is an annoyance when you sync settings between multiple machines with different paths.

Any chance this could be changed so all paths use the "special" protocol? If this is something that the script is responsible for I will bring it up with them.
@heppen 

Thank you for keeping this skin up to date!

If I may, one minor point: The Arial font option does not support Chinese, Korean and Japanese fonts. This changes the Kodi menu's for Artic Zephyr 2 in a lof of 'squares'. I believe that themes such as Estuary introduce Arial for the reason of international languages. (I mean, no-one would pick Arial for the looks Big Grin ) Anyway, I just wanted to make you aware of this.

Thanks again for your efforts!
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue.
(2022-05-04, 21:44)Smokeycoles Wrote: New Issues with widgets potentially?

Hi I am getting a lot of issues with crashing on the skin.
I am not exactly sure when it started.
I already feel like this post isn't going to be the most helpful.

I use a lot of widgets, some are done on playlists, some are done on autowidget programs, some are done on kodi and skin helpers.

Near enough each time I update the video library, the widgets begin to spin (update) - they freeze and Kodi crashes.

I am not really sure what to do, to help provide more information but 9 out of 10 times I get the crash.

I've not had much luck disabling certain widgets, the issue is better if I remove widgets from the Videos menu (under submenu I have update and clean); however I have noticed that I still get the crashing of Kodi if Im scrolling through the menus at the same time they update for whatever reason.

Im going to try recreating my menus and widgets on reloaded; and see if there is a difference.  But I like Resurrection due to the emulator roms views; any advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks
Chris
Did you find a solution? I'm having same issue.
I have been using this Skin for a few days and I find it excellent. It just lacks the ability to back to the beginning of the widgets. Great job 👏
very nice skin. however i have a problem. as soon as I enable login between profiles and enable a startup video, my KODi keeps crashing.
maybe im missing something... but my TV guide is missing channel numbers...

Imagehttps://imgur.com/3Av0IXK
IS The Best Skins For me Nice and Smooth .
I want to edit skins For home page  " Widget Aspect Ratio Landscape" From 3 Layout to 4 Layout Same "Small Landscape"
where .XML File Can Edit.

THANK YOU.

Post deleted.
Hi,
is it possible to add current running and next running on PVR view? I only see whats current running.
Been using Reloaded for a while and decided to try out this skin, mainly due to the 2 in the name.  There are two things that seem to be missing (misplaced?) form Reloaded.  First in trailers.  90% of my films have local trailers, and for the rest I had imdb trailers player them.  This skin seems to only like youtube, which is not a viable option for me.  Second, there was really great PVR Artwork integration that, sadly, I don't see. Are these feature requests or did I over look something?
Just quick note, latest version of this skin will require a helper add-on I'm making. You can find more info in readme: https://github.com/heppenowski/skin.arct...ection.mod
It will take some time until it will hit heppen's repository. First I want to sort some things, some code optimizations.
Also we got rid of embuary helper add-on. It's no longer required. We will drop few other dependencies from code, to keep it clean.

Flix View will be revisited. I want to make it kind of better and better integrate with skin.
Just to say thanks for your continued support & updates. The skin is smooth & provides easy access to media & ratings info.
@"heppenowski" Would you consider adding the new subtitle options from Kodi Nexus to this skin? In Nexus, the subtitles have their own sub-menu and a couple of new options were added.

I still think AZ2 is one of the best skins around, so thanks for keeping it alive!
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0