• 44(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2021-06-28, 17:18)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 16:10)cereyanli Wrote: I don't know which update break it as I did not switched on my kodi for a week and when I opened it over the weekend this what happens.

I am using kodi 19 on Philips TV with Android TV 8.0.0 

I launch Kodi
I see Kodi Splash Screen
I see home screen about 5-10 second and then all goes black ( I see kodi is still working ) but I can not do anything as screen goes black.
Rename or delete your guisettings.xml file and Kodi will boot to Estuary. From there you can update AZ2 to the latest version.
I am on latest version and still same problem
(2021-06-29, 13:59)cereyanli Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 16:10)cereyanli Wrote: I don't know which update break it as I did not switched on my kodi for a week and when I opened it over the weekend this what happens.

I launch Kodi
I see Kodi Splash Screen
I see home screen about 5-10 second and then all goes black ( I see kodi is still working ) but I can not do anything as screen goes black.
Rename or delete your guisettings.xml file and Kodi will boot to Estuary. From there you can update AZ2 to the latest version.
I assume everything works with Estuary skin? You will have to post a Debug Log so we can see what's going on.

I launch Kodi
I see Kodi Splash Screen
Please go to: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data and delete folder with skin. It will reset settings of the skin and back it to default. Please give me feedback if it helps.
Hopefully, I'm asking a silly question which can be answered easily Smile

I like the blurred backgrounds for the libraries. However, when I activate this option, it also blurs the background for the home menu (which is set to basic), which makes the home menu a bit boring to look at ;-) Is it possible to have blurred backgrounds in the libraries, and a non-blurred background in the home menu?
(2021-06-29, 20:34)Nipius Wrote: Hopefully, I'm asking a silly question which can be answered easily Smile

I like the blurred backgrounds for the libraries. However, when I activate this option, it also blurs the background for the home menu (which is set to basic), which makes the home menu a bit boring to look at ;-) Is it possible to have blurred backgrounds in the libraries, and a non-blurred background in the home menu?
Hey! Smile
It needs to be implemented. To be honest I forgot about it. I will implement this (to not blur background in home menu when home layout is set to Basic) when some things will be done Smile
(2021-06-29, 20:52)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 20:34)Nipius Wrote: Hopefully, I'm asking a silly question which can be answered easily Smile

Hey! Smile
It needs to be implemented. To be honest I forgot about it. I will implement this (to not blur background in home menu when home layout is set to Basic) when some things will be done Smile
Awesome. No rush, can imagine there are more urgent/important things to do first :-)
I'm getting a super weird error since the update today to 0.5.4. I wouldn't immediately assume this was a skin issue, but that's the only thing that's been updated recently and I can't replicate this issue in Estuary. I'm on Matrix 19.1.

In my actual media files on my NAS, if a movie or tv show begins with "A" or "The," I put it at the end of the folder name (e.g.: "Americans, The" instead of "The Americans"). I just like things in alphabetical order in my file structure. This has never been a problem in Kodi before today.

Since the update, any show or movie with this file or folder naming structure throws me a "Playback failed" error if I try to play it through the DialogVideoInfo "Play" button, but will play normally if I highlight the file in Kodi without going to the Information page and pressing play on my remote. 

Looking at the log file (I can post it if it would help), it seems there's multiple errors - first it can't find the folder of the show/movie on my NFS share (it doesn't seem to complete the name in it's search, leaving off the ", The" in "Americans, The"). Further down, it pops another error when trying to play the actual file, but I noticed the file name it's displaying adds "EXTRAS" after the proper name when that's not at all a part of the file name. It's the weirdest thing. 

I've already tried reinstalling the skin directly from github and that didn't fix it. Like I said, those files play just fine in the Estuary skin and they were working fine just a few days ago in Resurrection as well. They also play just fine if I play them directly instead of going through the DialogVideoInfo page. I have to assume this is a skin issue. Any idea what's going on?
::  REQUEST  ::

Under the main context menu, can you please add refresh, update, and a update artwork.
Also if possible under the manage folder where you add directory's can the option to refresh all, update all and update all artwork be added.

At the moment only way to do them is one by one and by going into the information then management, this makes it more troublesome than it has to be.

I often make my own artwork and change and add genre's. kodi does not automatically pick these changes up and can be a headache especially with art work.

have not done preview video as yet been sick just getting over it. not the pandemic flu thankfully.
(2021-06-30, 04:15)onesane Wrote: I'm getting a super weird error since the update today to 0.5.4. I wouldn't immediately assume this was a skin issue, but that's the only thing that's been updated recently and I can't replicate this issue in Estuary. I'm on Matrix 19.1.

In my actual media files on my NAS, if a movie or tv show begins with "A" or "The," I put it at the end of the folder name (e.g.: "Americans, The" instead of "The Americans"). I just like things in alphabetical order in my file structure. This has never been a problem in Kodi before today.

Since the update, any show or movie with this file or folder naming structure throws me a "Playback failed" error if I try to play it through the DialogVideoInfo "Play" button, but will play normally if I highlight the file in Kodi without going to the Information page and pressing play on my remote. 

Looking at the log file (I can post it if it would help), it seems there's multiple errors - first it can't find the folder of the show/movie on my NFS share (it doesn't seem to complete the name in it's search, leaving off the ", The" in "Americans, The"). Further down, it pops another error when trying to play the actual file, but I noticed the file name it's displaying adds "EXTRAS" after the proper name when that's not at all a part of the file name. It's the weirdest thing. 

I've already tried reinstalling the skin directly from github and that didn't fix it. Like I said, those files play just fine in the Estuary skin and they were working fine just a few days ago in Resurrection as well. They also play just fine if I play them directly instead of going through the DialogVideoInfo page. I have to assume this is a skin issue. Any idea what's going on?
that sounds like a scrapper issue I have some files I dont that with but I pre scrap with tinymediamanager, I dont have this issue that you do.
(2021-06-29, 15:33)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 17:18)FXB78 Wrote: Rename or delete your guisettings.xml file and Kodi will boot to Estuary. From there you can update AZ2 to the latest version.
Please go to: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data and delete folder with skin. It will reset settings of the skin and back it to default. Please give me feedback if it helps.
Hello @"nfm886" 

Looks like your proposed solution solved the issue for now.

I will follow it up and report if it happens again.

Thanks
With the amount of people that downloaded the netflix colour theme, I thought id share my Purple Dream colour theme.

Download here >> Purple dream
Download here >> Netflix 2

Place .xml in
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr.2.resurrection.mod\colors

(2021-06-30, 07:31)Silent Knight Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 04:15)onesane Wrote: I'm getting a super weird error since the update today to 0.5.4. I wouldn't immediately assume this was a skin issue, but that's the only thing that's been updated recently and I can't replicate this issue in Estuary. I'm on Matrix 19.1.

that sounds like a scrapper issue I have some files I dont that with but I pre scrap with tinymediamanager, I dont have this issue that you do.

Yeah, I do the same thing with MediaElch on my mac, and I only use local info in my library (some of these files and nfos causing problems haven't changed in years). Normally the skin would be the last thing I'd suspect as the issue, but Estuary handles the files just fine in DialogVideoInfo. I'm officially out of my depth at this point. I can also confirm that it's happening in both my bedroom and my living room set ups (both running Matrix 19.1 on Shield TVs).
Could you add a watchlist button? its the only reason I'm still using arctic horizon.. Thanks
(2021-06-30, 17:36)CallumBoi Wrote: Could you add a watchlist button? its the only reason I'm still using arctic horizon.. Thanks
It's already there: https://imgur.com/a/neihuUc Wink
You must have been authorized with Trakt.tv account in TMDbHelper video add-on.
Hi

How to make posters pop-up when selecting movies in arctic zephyr 2 resurrection

See video 
https://streamable.com/as3t83
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0