v18 Using manual created thumbnails for folder of jpeg pictures
I'm on a Raspberry pi3 running kodi Leia (Matrix update till now not available on that platform). And I use it quite frequently to watch jpeg picture slideshows. Sadly due the limitations of my pi3, generation of thumbnails is very slow, thus I've disabled automatic thumbnail generation (sadly, as a sideeffect of that setting even cached thumbnails are not shown).

Instead it would be nice to get at least thumbnails during browsing for all picture folders. I tried to store a 500x500 pixel sized thumbnail named folder.jpg stored within the appropriate directory - that should work for mp3 files - but folder.jpg seems to be ignored for pictures. I still get the default folder icon. E.g.
Pictures/
  NicePics/
     folder.jpg
     pic1.jpg
     pic2.jpg

Expectation would be to get folder.jpg rendered instead of the default folder icon when browsing the directory Pictures.

Any ideas?

Also welcome any suggestion howto create picture thumbnails offline and store all of them within kodi's cache. As far as I know Mulhouse's script does not support Pictures.

Regards, Michael
My shell script MkThumbs.sh (see my corresponding post here) will respect folder.jpg to create preview images for picture folders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using manual created thumbnails for folder of jpeg pictures0