• 27(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
The watched status can be read from Kodi if you have the interface set up. See DanCooper's answer to my question here some time ago.

I have myself noticed a strange issue with Kodi when I have refreshed data in EMM and then synced using the interface. The data is not refreshed in Kodi itself without manually doing it title by title. I thought the interface writes directly to the Kodi database so the old data shouldn't be there at all. Or does Kodi cache something and I'd need to clean it?
Thanks, I played with the watched status in ember some time ago but at the moment the unique ids are my mission.

From what I recall anyhow, when you edit, change the nfo after it has been added to kodi you do need to run a refreash on the actual show/movie in kodi to get the changes, or you change the whoel mdeia source to nothing, save that to remove all the nfo entriesd, re-add aback in as a tv show or movie, will get rescraped with your new info in the nfo but you will loose the watched status.  Thers is the watched status addon you can use to export and reimport but will no longer work in my case as it doe snto understand the olders id fields in teh nfo only the newer unique ids.  Hence why I may have the take a bullet and loose a lot of watched status.
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Ok so this is quite annoying and not an EMM issue, however, I need to see if EMM can save the poster files as just "poster.jpg" and not include the movie name, etc in the file name.  The reason, and I am sure this didn't occur when I first set up my Plex, is that now Plex is only allowing the "poster.jpg" naming convention, so every time I add a new movie, I have to add the poster manually after EMM has scrapped the poster.  I am using Plex to automate library management but still want control over the artwork, and movie info taken from IMDB, and the Plex scrappers use TMDB, which is appallingly bad with movie certifications amongst other things!  This wouldn't be so bad when just adding one or two movies but in my instance, I have just migrated all data to a new NAS and will be installing Plex on that NAS locally instead of PC so I will have to rebuild the Plex library.

Here is their article on naming conventions of "local media assets":
https://support.plex.tv/articles/2002206...ts-movies/

So unless I can finally get a proper response to this thread on their forums, I need to go down the route of renaming all my posters (well over 2.5k):
https://forums.plex.tv/t/posters-vs-fana...ion/817115
(2023-01-30, 15:49)Hairy Hippy Wrote: save the poster files as just "poster.jpg"
That isn't a problem at all and you can let Ember create it as additional poster file name beside <filename>-poster.jpg (default Kodi settings in Ember). Go to Settings => Movies => File Names and Sources => File Naming => Expert => Poster => Single (if you set the source to "Movies are in separate folders") => Poster => poster.jpg.

After you've set the additional file name you have to let Ember creates the new file name. Unfortunately there is no way to rewrite just the poster, you have to rewrite all images, trailers, themes and NFO. The way that's working is that Ember loads all existing and known images from the database and rewrite it with all enabled file names. For this reason it's important that all sources are online and the old "Kodi default" file name is still enabled. The drawback is that all files will be rewritten, even if the already existing images, trailers, themes and NFOs are already the same. That means if you use a backup software all files will be "marked" as changed because the modified/created date will be changed. You can use Tools => Rewrite all Movie Content => All Elements to start this process but with over 2k movie there is maybe a more stable software than Ember to copy the files from *-poster.jpg to poster.jpg (e.g. Robocopy) Big Grin

EDIT: if i remember Plex needs a special "Kodi Agent" to read Kodi named files while scanning. Maybe you just have to install the latest agent to be able to read the <filename>-poster named scheme.
Thanks Dan!
Robocopy definitely the way I think  Laugh

Plex does have the agent, well a 3rd party, but it's not longer supported.  I am using the latest version of that agent and something on the Plex side seems to have broken it!
(2023-01-31, 00:04)Hairy Hippy Wrote: I am using the latest version of that agent and something on the Plex side seems to have broken it!
Ok, I'm using it to. Looks like I've to check what Plex now does...
I wanted to quote an earlier post about how slow it is for me to download trailers through Ember Media Manager, (but I pressed the wrong button).  In a nutshell, everytime I do to download a trailer, it takes 10 minutes for the trailer to finish downloading.  I saw in a previous post that someone had mentioned a possible approach to fix the problem.  How can I integrate this alternative way to download trailers into Ember Media Manager?  I have been continuing to download the trailers through EMM from youtube at the mind-numbingly slow pace, but i can't take it anymore.  I'm not very technical, so i do not know how to tweak EMM so that I can download the trailers at a reasonable speed.
hi any update on a new release it was working fine last week and now can't scrap a movie again tv show are still working great..... thx for your hard work
@DanCooper   This is in relation to your post #397.  Stupidly forgot to quote it!

Quick update on this...

Nothing is actually broken per se but in the agent settings there is "Disable local media support for artwork, trailers, and subtitles (use local media assets instead)"...  If this box is checked, it won't pull the posters with the naming convention of "moviename-poster.ext" however still will pull fanart with naming "moviename-fanart.ext" (nuts, isn't it!?).  For some reason despite that I have this box unchecked so posters are pulled, it occasionally toggles itself on, so when the posters aren't pulling you then have to go into settings and make sure the box is unchecked!
@DanCooper  - I've mentioned this before but never pursued it... I am having some performance issues with EMM, especially its responsiveness.  For example, just marking or un-marking a few movies and EMM will go into "not responding" mode and take a few minutes to come back.  Also, regularly freezes when trying to save nfo/images and never comes back and I end up killing it; seems to do this about every other 5 movies if I am doing a batch at once.

I have uninstalled using Revo and removed registry entries using Revo but I did keep the profiles folder; sadly this has not seemed to have cured these issues.   A separate issue is, after the new install, when adding a source and using browse to folder, the only folder visible is the desktop; no other Windows or Network drives visible so typing in the path manually...
I seem to be having a similar issue with performance, but only when trying to pull in images from FanartTV. With the FanartTV scraper enabled, pulling in images can take a couple of minutes before the select image dialog box appears. When I disable it and just let TMDB do the poster/fanarts, things are snappy as snow peas. This just started happening. I wonder if there are issues over at FanartTV.
I use custom script (bat file) with radarr and sonarr on Windows. I made it to use on import movie or tvshow to update library and scrape new movies or scrape new episodes
"C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -updatetvshows -scrapetvshows newauto all -nowindow 
or
"C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -updatemovies -scrapemovies newauto all -nowindow.

When radarr/sonarr imports movie/episode it runs script, but after that I get error from Ember : “object reference not set to an instance of an object”
But if I have open Ember in windows, then everything works and I am not getting error.
(2023-02-21, 09:21)simtaj Wrote: I use custom script (bat file) with radarr and sonarr on Windows. I made it to use on import movie or tvshow to update library and scrape new movies or scrape new episodes
"C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -updatetvshows -scrapetvshows newauto all -nowindow 
or
"C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -updatemovies -scrapemovies newauto all -nowindow.

When radarr/sonarr imports movie/episode it runs script, but after that I get error from Ember : “object reference not set to an instance of an object”
But if I have open Ember in windows, then everything works and I am not getting error.
In log I get this error: 3210;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException;1;ERROR;EmberAPI;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
(2023-02-21, 13:02)simtaj Wrote:
(2023-02-21, 09:21)simtaj Wrote: I use custom script (bat file) with radarr and sonarr on Windows. I made it to use on import movie or tvshow to update library and scrape new movies or scrape new episodes
or

In log I get this error: 3210;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication;Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException;1;ERROR;EmberAPI;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I found solution with copying SQLite.Interop.dll to main folder. Now Its working.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0