• 16(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
When updating library on some movies and tv episodes gets files starting with ._ created instead of the normal ones. It doesn't happen on all movie/episodes, just some of them. Why does it happen, and is it a setting I can change?

Never mind. Is something thats happening when copying from Mac to PC - EMM only indirectly involved.

Would be great with an option to ignore ._ files though  Laugh
(2021-11-22, 15:57)calexicoca Wrote: I came across this error code "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in previous older versions and tried to fix with the solution suggested in this thread here. It did not work and I noticed it usually appear in scrapping TV shows with a lot of episodes. Now I get it in the latest version of Ember, again with the show with a lot of episodes - "House Hunters International".

Ember correctly identified both IMDB and TVDB id numbers and all episodes are correctly named with SXXXEXX but it still crashes (mind you since this show has 170 season plus, I keep them all in one directory). I tried disabling IMDB and go with TVDB which has proper plot descriptions and correctly named episodes. Still, it crashes Ember.

If I go and try to scrape individual episodes, it usually works but for some of episodes (correctly identified) it scrapes the plot but not the name of episode which is correctly set in TVDB - Ember names them with generic "Episode XX" (example with this episode. Funny thing is that if you select any season and try to scrape it with "(Re)scrape Selected Season\Automatic\Force the best Mach\All items\" - nothing happens, but if you select same episodes in the episodes window and do the same command Ember does the job.

I am also experiencing this issue with a few series (Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Tick (1994), I Survived) and the previous workaround does not resolve it
I think there is a reason why youtube trailer downloads sometimes are slow:

some smart guy has found out that sometimes youtube will provide an "n" parameter in the webresponse and if you do not handle that you might get throttled.

https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/i...-894619419

So after reading through this I think there are only 2 solutions:
a) Implement the n parameter processing and send back correct n (probably needs a js interpreter?)
b) set an abort rate of 77kb/s (this seems to be the current throttle speed) and restart the download.

Edit:

here is a PR that implements the changes 
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/pull/30184/files
Hey everyone...
I have a question regarding how to go about refreshing the episode list from the actual scraper source of a tv show. Here are some details of the issue I'm having:
I currently have TVDB set to handle the data scraping of my tv shows. I've disabled the other data scrapers just to make sure they aren't interfering. I have used ember for quite some time without issue. However recently one of the shows I tried to scrape had a numbering issue in its entry in TVDB where they had the pilot episode split in two (as they were aired separately), which is usually not an issue, however in this case they were both numbered episode 1. I have since gotten TVDB admin to fix this on the web site and is now showing up correctly from that end. However no matter what I try I can't seem to get Ember to pick up the new episode listing. I've made sure the file naming now matches the new episode numbering.   I've tried clearing the cache for the show, removing it completely from the library. Deleting all the nfo files associated with the video files. However whenever I rescrape the tv show back in it still scrapes with the old incorrect numbering. For example if I click on any episode and click "Change Episode", when it displays the selectable episode list it is still showing the two pilot episodes both numbered '1' and then the following episode is numbered '2' where as it should be '3'. I'm assuming its getting this list from some old cache in memory rather than rescraping from the web source. Things I haven't tried yet are "Clear all Caches", "Clean Database" and "Rewrite TV Show content" from the main "Tools" menu. Mainly because I'm a little worried as to what they do as I don't want to screw up the rest of my library.
Anybody have any ideas on how to refresh the episode template to the latest episode list in TVDB?

Cheers,
Danny
(2022-01-17, 09:34)dannymosquito Wrote: However whenever I rescrape the tv show back in it still scrapes with the old incorrect numbering.
If you rescrape the whole tv show or use "Change Episode" the old TVDb API uses a cached ZIP file that will be refreshed all 12 or maybe 24h. If you rescrape a single episode the result should be "live". Maybe you have to remove this episode from Ember, delete the episode NFO and update the DB. DB-Update uses "single scraping" for new episodes, maybe that works instantly if all unique IDs are empty because you deleted the NFO.

"Clear Cache" does only delete all chached images in Ember (all actor thumbs, all preview images from the image select dialog and all full size images that you opened in the image select dialog).
"Clean Database" search all no longer available videos and clean up other entries in the DB that are no longer "linked" to an available video.
"Rewrite xxx Content" rewrites all NFO, images, trailers and themes based on the current DB information in Ember with all enabled file names.
No one of them has something to do with your issue.
(2022-01-17, 11:27)DanCooper Wrote: Maybe you have to remove this episode from Ember, delete the episode NFO and update the DB

Thanks so much for the reply. It's greatly appreciated  Smile.   That's actually quite handy info to keep in mind.  I have removed everything including all NFO, thumbs and images from all seasons and episodes just to be sure. I have removed it completely from the database however it still has the old numbering when I re-add it back in. I have tried the single episode scraping however it still scrapes the data from the wrong episode (I'm sure the data it's scraping is the latest data however the episode number is out). In this situation the whole season is out by 1 episode after the pilot. I'm wondering if every time I try and rescrape whether the cached zip file is resetting its last refreshed date/time. Perhaps I have to wait 24 hours without rescraping.  Is there anyway you know of to manually delete the associated cached zip file?
(2022-01-17, 12:07)dannymosquito Wrote: Is there anyway you know of to manually delete the associated cached zip file?
Ember does not re-use already downloaded ZIP file (which is stored under \Ember Media Manager\Temp\Shows\loaded.zip), TVDb used cached ZIP files in there old API. I've no idea why, how and when they refresh there cached files. I only know that if a whole tv show information is requested we get a cached ZIP file and if we request a single episode information we get a result from the TVDb database directly.

Anyway, the free TVDb API/service will be canceled this year and I've to rewrite the scraper to the new API. The new API is "live" and this issue should be solved. But to use the new API all users has to pay or need to maintain data on TVDb to get a free API key.
Is the best option after the change to use only IMDB for TV shows?
(2022-01-17, 12:58)DanCooper Wrote: if a whole tv show information is requested we get a cached ZIP file and if we request a single episode information we get a result from the TVDb database directly
Ahhh... That make sense.  Sorry I just realised I probably haven't posted this in the best thread.  I can work around this for the time being until the TVDB cache finally updates.... Thanks heaps.
(2022-01-17, 13:01)Boulder Wrote: Is the best option after the change to use only IMDB for TV shows?
IMO: I've you are happy with the results from TVDb... pay that 12$ per year. Even I had to pay it to develop the new scraper for Ember.

Otherwise use TMDb. The more TMDb use for tv shows, the better the content will be.
IMO IMDb is a bad solution because they don't have an (open/free) API and parsing the webpage will always be slow.
Hi Dan,
 Has EMM been updated to support the new Movie Set Information Folder (MSIF) required for Kodi V19?  If not, is there a workaround and do you plan to implement support for it.

Thanks
(2022-01-24, 20:23)hslansky Wrote:  Has EMM been updated to support the new Movie Set Information Folder (MSIF) required for Kodi V19?
Yes, presets for file names are available.
Would you mind providing more detail and possibly an example.  I do not see any way to have artwork for movie sets go into more than the one folder name which needs to be specified in the path field......thanks
(2022-01-24, 22:44)hslansky Wrote: Would you mind providing more detail and possibly an example.  I do not see any way to have artwork for movie sets go into more than the one folder name which needs to be specified in the path field......thanks
You have to use Ember 1.11.,. Go to Settings => Moviesets => Files & Sources => File Naming => Kodi => Matrix, set the same path like in Kodi and enable one or more checkboxes:

Thanks, one last question:  Is there a way to migrate all of the images in the single directory(Pre Matrix) to the new format without re-scraping all of my moviesets?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0