Link a Movie to a TV Show
In the Main Menu item Movies, you can link a movie to a TV Show (Context menu, sub menu Manage).

What does this action mean? Is there a corresponding tag in the movie's nfo file?

And most of all, what can you do with it?

TIA,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
(2021-06-13, 17:28)BartZorn Wrote: In the Main Menu item Movies, you can link a movie to a TV Show (Context menu, sub menu Manage).

What does this action mean? Is there a corresponding tag in the movie's nfo file?

TIA,

Bart
You could for example link the "24" TV Series with the "24:Redemption" Movie, presumably so you watch the Movie after Series 6 of the TV Show and before Series 7 as intended.
(2021-06-13, 17:28)BartZorn Wrote: Is there a corresponding tag in the movie's nfo file?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Linking_movies_to_TV_shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-13, 19:28)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 17:28)BartZorn Wrote: In the Main Menu item Movies, you can link a movie to a TV Show (Context menu, sub menu Manage).

TIA,

Bart
You could for example link the "24" TV Series with the "24:Redemption" Movie, presumably so you watch the Movie after Series 6 of the TV Show and before Series 7 as intended.
OK! I tried it (again) and now I see what it does. Thanks!

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
(2021-06-13, 21:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 17:28)BartZorn Wrote: Is there a corresponding tag in the movie's nfo file?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Linking_movies_to_TV_shows
Thanks! I should have found it myself, but I missed it somehow.

(2021-06-13, 23:29)BartZorn Wrote: Thanks! I should have found it myself, but I missed it somehow.
No problems.

Just remember... If/when you rebuild your library using NFO files that contain LinkMovies tags, make sure you populate the TV Show library first, then movies otherwise if the tv show does not exist the tag is ignored.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-13, 23:58)Karellen Wrote: make sure you populate the TV Show library first, then movies otherwise if the tv show does not exist the tag is ignored.
Nice tip, explains my consternation on rebuild.
(2021-06-14, 16:21)PatK Wrote: Nice tip, explains my consternation on rebuild.
Yea, it caught me out once. And when it happened, it was so obvious that I wondered why it never occurred to me before that tv shows should be scanned first, then movies.

So scanning/scraping order does matter.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Link a Movie to a TV Show0