Solved Kodi is extremely slow (boot, load screens, etc...)
Hello,

I have been using Kodi for a while, and I recently had to reinstall my OS (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) due to some issues. After the reinstall, I installed Kodi, and I am experiencing a lot of issues.

1. Kodi takes a very long time to boot. I have never experienced that before. So, I thought maybe it needed the first boot, and after that, it would boot normally. However, the slow boot continues. By slow boot, I mean minutes 3+ minutes. I installed and reinstalled but that did not solve the issue. I also tried installing older versions of kodi, but the problem persists.

2. When Kodi finally boots, it takes a long time to load pages. It actually "freezes." If I click a second time anywhere on the window, I would get this message:

Kodi is not responding.
If you close the program, you might lose information.
--> Close the program.
--> Wait for the program to respond"

What could be the issue?

Thanks
Without a proper debug log, it would only be speculation, related to your windows install. Your gfx engine driver could have been replaced with the windows driver which is usually not up to snuff. 

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-06-17, 05:53)PatK Wrote: Without a proper debug log, it would only be speculation, related to your windows install. Your gfx engine driver could have been replaced with the windows driver which is usually not up to snuff. 

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
It took me over 30 minutes to get this log due to waiting for Kodi to "unfreeze" or load time. Exiting was fairly quick compared to previous attempts.

Here's the URL: https://paste.kodi.tv/orofuwodoq.kodi
Nothing too unusual in that log, however there were two things I did notice worth checking out.

Do you have something in the CD-ROM drive? if so try removing the disc.

Kodi also attempts to connect to drive G several times unsuccessful, everytime time it does this it goes into a busy state, what is this drive G?
(2021-06-17, 14:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Nothing too unusual in that log, however there were two things I did notice worth checking out.

Do you have something in the CD-ROM drive? if so try removing the disc.

Kodi also attempts to connect to drive G several times unsuccessful, everytime time it does this it goes into a busy state, what is this drive G?
Drive G is the CD/DVD Rom drive. I did have a blank DVD in the CD/DVD Rom drive.

I removed the blank DVD, and the problem is solved.  I put the blank DVD back in and the problem resumes.

Is this a defect with Kodi?
I wouldn't call it a defect or bug as Kodi is doing what it is written to do, and that's scan the drive for media, however it can cause issues such as this so Kodi ceratainly doesn't handle situations like this as well as it ideally should.
Thanks for the help. My problem is solved.... remedied!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is extremely slow (boot, load screens, etc...)0