Is the Github repo-webinterfaces repo dead?
Hi,

I did a pull request on the github repo for webinterfaces. However, it seems to be really inactive for a very long time, and I don't know if anyone will ever see it.
Can someone help me to have more information about how this repo works or if I need to contact someone to check my pull request?

Thank you very much
I'm not a frequent Github user, but what is the point of clementdelestre wants to merge 1 commit into xbmc:jarvis.

Jarvis..? We are well into the development of 'Matrix' and beyond.
(2021-06-22, 18:06)Klojum Wrote: I'm not a frequent Github user, but what is the point of clementdelestre wants to merge 1 commit into xbmc:jarvis.

Jarvis..? We are well into the development of 'Matrix' and beyond.

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't find any branch for Matrix or even Leia in this repo, so I did my request in the last version I can find (which is jarvis if i'm not wrong).
Hey Clement,

You are unfortunately right, there isn't much action around webinterface addons, kodi in that particular area seems lost in time. I don't recall any webinterface being created (apart from the default one which is still WIP as part of GSOC) in the last years. Also there's no fundamental problem with submitting to the jarvis branch, there is no incompatible dependency in most webinterface addons that would make a jarvis release not run in Matrix.
I've been updating the default webinterface on new releases by "reviewing" the community contributions and tagging new releases but I'd like to avoid taking care of the repo itself (unless there's no one else available). Maybe @Razze can take a look at your submission?
(2021-06-23, 11:02)enen92 Wrote: there is no incompatible dependency in most webinterface addons that would make a jarvis release not run in Matrix

A web-interface communicates with Kodi via JSON-RPC and I believe there has been many changes in it since Jarvis.
(2021-06-23, 15:04)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2021-06-23, 11:02)enen92 Wrote: there is no incompatible dependency in most webinterface addons that would make a jarvis release not run in Matrix

A web-interface communicates with Kodi via JSON-RPC and I believe there has been many changes in it since Jarvis.
Yeah, I mean as long as the addon itself doesn't specify a particular version for the xbmc.json "placeholder" addon in addon.xml (most of the addons, including this one being submitted do not) or simply specify a low version code for this dependency (chorus2 in matrix is depending on xbmc.json 6.0.0 - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...don.xml#L8 - which is basically the version running in Frodo), they'll still be available in matrix even if in the jarvis branch of repo-webinterfaces. But I agree with you, we probably want to cleanup non-working webinterface addons from showing up as possible candidates in Matrix
Also the submission includes around 1700 files most of which belong to Font Awesome icons library. The number of files alone makes reviewing this submission problematic. Do you really need that many files? I have used Font Awesome in some of my projects before and remember that a ready to use bundle includes only about a dozen files.
or use a cdn (https://cdnjs.com/libraries/font-awesome).
saves a bunch of static file requests through the kodi webserver as well Smile
(2021-06-24, 08:01)matthuisman Wrote: or use a cdn (https://cdnjs.com/libraries/font-awesome).
saves a bunch of static file requests through the kodi webserver as well Smile

that would be a bad idea and basically mean, you can't use the webinterface, if you don't have access to the internet.
Oh haha. Good point!
thank you for all your recommendations and support.
I will try to fix all active issues and current problems this week.

Regarding fontawesome, I will try to install it via npm as Razzeee suggested on github.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Github repo-webinterfaces repo dead?0