[split] Xonfluence on Kodi fork
Hi,
I am on android, and trying to keep the old Kodi 18.9, and still install Kodi 19.1 . For this I am using this fork: https://nodi-fork.com/

Sadly Xonfluence does work on it, BUT all thumbnails for (TV shows and Movies) are not showing on the home screen.
The location of the files,  are now all under org.fork.nodi and not org.xbmc.kodi .

Can anyone help file maybe locating what has to be changed in order to work with this skin and that fork as well?

Thanks for any tip!

Log: https://pastebin.com/gfEgrNS3
(2021-06-27, 15:18)rafi1 Wrote: For this I am using this fork

Any fork of Kodi has no business on this forum.
We are not going to give support to other people's "work".
(2021-06-27, 15:23)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 15:18)rafi1 Wrote: For this I am using this fork

Any fork of Kodi has no business on this forum.
We are not going to give support to other people's "work".
Can you advise on how I can install Kodi 18 & 19 on android in parallel?
As far as I understood from that fork site, they were trying to keep 1:1 to the original Kodi code with that single goal in mind!
(2021-06-27, 15:50)rafi1 Wrote: As far as I understood from that fork site, they were trying to keep 1:1 to the original Kodi code with that single goal in mind!

The obvious word being "trying". If they want to keep the code 1:1, what is the point of creating that fork in the first place?!?
Plus the fact that the website advertising the fork is littered with VPN ads and streaming tools, they have a donate button, "free" Euro soccer games solutions and other crap...

It's sickening.
(2021-06-27, 16:02)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 15:50)rafi1 Wrote: As far as I understood from that fork site, they were trying to keep 1:1 to the original Kodi code with that single goal in mind!

The obvious word being "trying". If they want to keep the code 1:1, what is the point of creating that fork in the first place?!?
Plus the fact that the website advertising the fork is littered with VPN ads and streaming tools, they have a donate button, "free" Euro soccer games solutions and other crap...
I completely agree (about the crappy site). If you want to know more , read this, unzip the apk and compare, or just ask them. (url removed)
Quote:Nodi is an official fork of Kodi and not a custom build and it does not install with preloaded addons.
It is simply a fork, with a different package name to Kodi, which means it can be installed along side Kodi.

You are welcome to provide this same functionality (ref: my [unanswered] question: "Can you advise on how I can install Kodi 18 & 19 on android in parallel?" ) , so we'll all not need to use this crappy site... Wink

Anyways, in this thread is am trying to raise this with the users/community and author ( @bsoriano ) of this addon, not the "Kodi team". Any of them are welcome to respond or not. No harm done...
(2021-06-27, 17:56)rafi1 Wrote: Anyways, in this thread is am trying to raise this with the users/community and author ( @bsoriano ) of this addon, not the "Kodi team". Any of them are welcome to respond or not. No harm done...

This site is for Kodi, and not for anyone elses fork of our software.

Please raise this with them directly, and not here. As noted above, this fork is nothing to do with us (there is nothing "official" about it, despite what they seem to be claiming) and it is not our resources that should be undertaken to get it working. Whether @bsoriano wishes to do work to get it working or not is entirely up to him, but that is entirely beside the point.

The place to ask for support for this fork and anything installed on it is not here. Continuing to do so will just get your posts cut from this thread and removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This discussion has been split off so posting in the original thread can resume.
This has been confirmed as a Xonfluence addon related issue (not related to the Fork it was checked with). Detailed bug report for the Xonfluence addon + a workaround can be found in this post and following comments here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3046137

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Xonfluence on Kodi fork0