How do I get back to the video after hitting back key?
If I am playing a video and hit back key (on the remote), the video continues playing in the background.  How do I get back to the previous video position after this?
If I hit Enter or OK (on the remote) or Play, the video just starts playing from the beginning.
Hi,

I'm not fully sure, but I thing Kodi add-ons can help

Inside Kodi, go into Programs > Get more… > Kodi Log Uploader and click on Install.
(2021-07-05, 10:26)viking2 Wrote: If I am playing a video and hit back key (on the remote), the video continues playing in the background.  How do I get back to the previous video position after this?

TAB.
(2021-07-05, 10:26)viking2 Wrote: If I am playing a video and hit back key (on the remote), the video continues playing in the background.  How do I get back to the previous video position after this?
If I hit Enter or OK (on the remote) or Play, the video just starts playing from the beginning.

The left arrow button usually brings up the sidebar - from there you should be able to use the arrow buttons to navigate to the 'full screen' button in the side bar. At least that's how I do it.

Andy
(2021-07-05, 12:48)AndyHenderson Wrote: The left arrow button usually brings up the sidebar - from there you should be able to use the arrow buttons to navigate to the 'full screen' button in the side bar. At least that's how I do it.
That works out best, if you continue to hit the back key it should take you to the homescreen; and then full screen.
(2021-07-05, 12:58)PatK Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 12:48)AndyHenderson Wrote: The left arrow button usually brings up the sidebar - from there you should be able to use the arrow buttons to navigate to the 'full screen' button in the side bar. At least that's how I do it.
That works out best, if you continue to hit the back key it should take you to the homescreen; and then full screen.
Yes, continue hitting the back key works! Thanks.
TAB also works directly, but it is not mapped on my Windows Media Center Remote.
(2021-07-05, 19:39)viking2 Wrote: TAB also works directly, but it is not mapped on my Windows Media Center Remote.

Some people remap the Back key to "Stop", which I find more useful on a remote with a limited number of keys.
As AndyHenderson suggested, in the listings open side menu

For more detail see https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls

Bottom Icons- From Left to right
  • Pause
  • Stop
  • Skip to next video
  • Open Fullscreen mode - for video this returns you to the playing video and for music this opens the Now Playing/Visualisation window.

So the last icon on the right with 4 directional arrows will return you to the playing video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get back to the video after hitting back key?0