Solved kodi on external?
so, i might be getting a 10TB HDD and i was wondering how does kodi run if i use that as my source for all my media? its USB 3.0, also should i install kodi on that external or leave in on my internal C drive?
i love kodi
Don't mix programs and data if you can avoid it. That's my approach at least.
(2021-07-09, 20:36)Klojum Wrote: Don't mix programs and data if you can avoid it. That's my approach at least.
right now its separate, but all internal, so im hoping it'll be ok to put it on external and it'll play the files ok.
i love kodi
Different drives is okay enough (for me). Internal or external does not matter. In Windows your drive letter can change, though that can be fixed in various ways.
(2021-07-09, 21:08)Klojum Wrote: Different drives is okay enough (for me). Internal or external does not matter. In Windows your drive letter can change, though that can be fixed in various ways.

yes, im aware of changing letters and drives and such, i've built a few PCs with custom setups, but until today i have never tried to use an external drive as a source for anything. i do know that you cant really some games off an external, even if it was an SSD, though movies and shows are no where near the same as games. though if you say you have no problem with it then thats good enough for me, i'll order my new external today. thank you so much.
i love kodi
I have all my kodi files on a large NAS and I can run them via different PCs or an android TV box.  Separating data and management software is not a problem at all.  As a previous poster said, your only problem might me if the USB disk letter changes but you can fix that through the windows storage manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi on external?0