Path substitution within userdata folder (Specifically for use with CinemaVision)
I would like to sync cinemavision trailers watched status between two kodi installations. 

I hoped to achieve this by using a path substitution for the entire script.cinemavision addon data folder (/userdata/addon_data/script.cinemavision/) . (Substituting a SMB path. I have other media file path substitutions working pointing to the same SMB drive without issue) 

I think the issue may be that the "from" path is within my userdata folder and I'm wondering if I'm getting something simple wrong. 

I have tried using  "special://masterprofile" and  "special://profile" but in all cases the addon seems to want to find (or create) the folder within the local "addon data" folder

Does anybody have any smart solutions to this?

thanks so much if anybody can point me in the right direction Smile
Maybe create a windows junction link?  You might need to map the smb shared folder to a windows drive letter (not sure about that).

scott s.
Thanks very much for the reply Scott - actually i should have been more clear. The two SMB clients are running Coreelec flashed on small Android boxes so i don't think windows junctions will work.

I use path substitutions to point both those boxes to media sources on the SMB windows machine (library was originally built with attached HDDs, then local HDD paths substituted for SMB paths) and it works flawlessly.

But Cinemavision addon seems to be ignoring a similar substitution. I think it may be because the "from path" is within the "userdata" folder rather than in "media".
It seems the substitution may actually be working but only for some files. Does path substitution actively ignore .db files like Cinemavision's trailerswatchedstatus.db?

And should one use "special://masterprofile" or "special://profile"  or simply "/userdata" for path subsitituion within the userdata folder? There is only the one kodi profile running on each kodi box. 

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Smile
(2021-07-13, 05:57)kiboy6 Wrote: I use path substitutions to point both those boxes to media sources on the SMB windows machine (library was originally built with attached HDDs, then local HDD paths substituted for SMB paths) and it works flawlessly.

So there are still local paths in the video library?
Why not replace the local HDD paths in your video database with network paths?
It'll save you enough trouble applying band-aids using path substitution.

Also path substitution is more or less a Kodi internal system tool. Most add-ons have not been able to use it in the past already.
Quote:Why not replace the local HDD paths in your video database with network paths?
Because i often take the same kodi boxes on the road with me and at those times use the same HDD sources plugged directly into the kodi box. Enabling / disabling the Path substitution is the smoothest way I've found to swiftly change where the entire library is pointing, to local HDD or SMB HDD.
Quote:Also path substitution is more or less a Kodi internal system tool. Most add-ons have not been able to use it in the past already.
Ah right, so i guess this prob just won't work for Cinemaivision trailers watched status then. Thanks for letting me know Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Path substitution within userdata folder (Specifically for use with CinemaVision)0