• 4(current)
WIP WinDash
Video 
@toyota12303  

Here is the link to the Background Video in Default Shades of Green : https://gofile.io/d/72tUBZ

The video however appears too dark because of a dark tint filter. Can the filter be made such that it can be adjusted?
Do you think we could get custom tabs? I think having tabs for Emulator games would be amazing.
(2021-07-22, 16:33)Vicerar Wrote: @toyota12303 Thanks for the tip!

Here's another update on progress.

Again, not sure if I'm going to upload the final version of this, we'll see.
Where did you get the square icons?
I don.t know if it is posable but one thing id like to see would be a way to close the games from the controller just like launchbox bigbox does it
(2021-07-25, 06:29)jingletit Wrote: I don.t know if it is posable but one thing id like to see would be a way to close the games from the controller just like launchbox bigbox does it

You can use controller companion and add some custom controller functions
Sorry for double post but the UI is coming up nicely (A filter is masking the background video). Is there a way to change the name and add a photo?Image
@jingletit I think this time I've finally figured out what's been causing problems with the automatic updates and it should all be fixed now. Will post a link to the next update below.

Enabling/disabling tabs has been temporarily disabled and will be added back in soon.

@jingletit Unfortunately this to do with the way that Kodi plays videos, once a video finishes playing it will start it again from the beginning and while it loads it again it briefly shows a loading wheel.
In the latest update I have disabled the loading wheel on the home screen so that should make things a lot smoother. 

@silverlance360 That's awesome, thank you! Do you mind if I integrate it in to WinDash as an option in the settings for everyone? 
Have converted it to black and white and managed to get WinDash to set the colour of the video based off the background colour.

@jingletit Yeah sure, I'll take a look in to it and will see about adding in proper emulator integration soon.

@jingletit Have spent quite a lot of time recently looking in to creating an in game overlay where people can access a menu to close the game, switch between the game and WinDash and other things. 
I haven't managed to be successful with it yet, so far it seems to have a negative effect on performance, refuses to work properly with some games and you also have a risk of getting banned when trying to inject stuff in to game files.

I'll keep looking in to it though and will see if I can work out the proper way of doing it. It is definitely possible as there are a lot of other developers that have managed it.

@silverlance360 The profile name and icon? This should be automatically set based off information from your Windows profile. Changing your name and profile image in the Windows settings should change what's displayed in WinDash (might require closing/reopening WinDash).
I can always add in an option for it to be manually set in the settings though if you like?
I have just released Version 2 of WinDash, this includes some changes to some of the core files and the way they work.
After a lot of testing, I think I've finally fixed the autoupdate service so that it should now correctly install updates for everyone.

It used to try and install updates automatically for you while running WinDash but I found that it has a chance of failing to replace files while WinDash is running. 

To solve this issue, WinDash will now display a splash screen before starting up. While this splash screen is displayed, the autoupdate service will check for and install any updates for you and then launch WinDash. 
If you have automatic updates disabled, WinDash will start automatically and skip the splash screen.

This update also contains some changes to the background overlay when using the background video option, disables the loading wheel on the home screen, now properly clears up update temp files, displays your version number in the settings and some other small tweaks.

If you are new to WinDash, install Version 2 listed in the first post. If you already have WinDash installed, simply download the PATCH.ZIP and extract it to your WinDash folder, replacing any files.

As this update will hopefully fix any problems people may have with automatic updates, you should now no longer have to install any patches/updates manually.
You may use it as you like. I don't hold any rights to it. This is a fantastic piece of software you have made by the way, can't thank you enough.. Eager to see the future of this
Hi. A very interesting idea. There is a lack of localization for other languages.
I am from Russia, of course I can use a foreign interface, but applications that are signed in Russian are x_x squares.
Can you add language selection? For my country, I will be happy to help with translation!
Hey installing Windash has messed up my Kodi install on the pc, how do I remove WinDash? I'll reinstall it again later, but it's a great concept I look forward to testing it more in the future
@silverlance360 Thank you so much!

@OBEPKJIOKEP Yeah I will be adding in a language selection feature once I am happy with the design/layout of the interface. Will be available as an option in the settings and an option will also be added to the first setup.

That’s weird that UWP apps are displayed like that though, as the labels are managed by Windows and not by WinDash. It might be an issue with the font I’m using or something like that.

Inside of your C:\WinDash\uwpapps\ folder, are the folder names displayed correctly in there?

@Majin01 That’s weird, WinDash shouldn’t have any effect on your regular Kodi install, as long as it’s ran by “Launch WinDash” and not any other executable. It always runs in portable mode and all the files & libraries are contained inside the WinDash folder.

What has happened to your Kodi install?

As it’s all contained inside of the WinDash folder in the root of your hard drive, you can just simply delete that folder to remove it. (If you chose to run WinDash on startup, make sure you disable this first).
(2021-07-26, 13:10)toyota12303 Wrote: @silverlance360 Thank you so much!

@OBEPKJIOKEP Yeah I will be adding in a language selection feature once I am happy with the design/layout of the interface. Will be available as an option in the settings and an option will also be added to the first setup.

That’s weird that UWP apps are displayed like that though, as the labels are managed by Windows and not by WinDash. It might be an issue with the font I’m using or something like that.

Inside of your C:\WinDash\uwpapps\ folder, are the folder names displayed correctly in there?

@Majin01 That’s weird, WinDash shouldn’t have any effect on your regular Kodi install, as long as it’s ran by “Launch WinDash” and not any other executable. It always runs in portable mode and all the files & libraries are contained inside the WinDash folder.

What has happened to your Kodi install?

As it’s all contained inside of the WinDash folder in the root of your hard drive, you can just simply delete that folder to remove it. (If you chose to run WinDash on startup, make sure you disable this first).
It didnt seem it didnt affect my files and folders in Kodi as they were all there just disabled and i was reverted back to the base kodi skin, errors came when trying to enablke any addons like "incorrect xmbc.gui.xxx". I think it just downgraded the version of Kodi on my setup
2 requests for this, can the option to manage and edit/change artwork be added? and also support for shortcuts to be added as the launcher as an alternative to .exes? So I could add Valorant to the WinDash games
(2021-07-27, 05:15)Majin01 Wrote: 2 requests for this, can the option to manage and edit/change artwork be added? and also support for shortcuts to be added as the launcher as an alternative to .exes? So I could add Valorant to the WinDash games

Shortcuts are working. Just open the 'games' folder in your WinDash Directory, go to a folder of your game and edit the app.py with notepad and direct the link inside the quotes to a shortcut *.lnk or *.url. It also works with *.bat files but doesn't read arguments for shortcuts (which shouldn't matter in your case).

Request: This may be too much but can custom categories be added in the Home page of Project X ? So that I can group them into Game Pass, Launchers, Apps, XBOX Specific Apps, Entertainment specific apps ?

Thanks
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WinDash0