Add the functionality to allow users to upload fonts
Currently, users can add custom fonts only by placing the TTF files into .kodi/media/fonts, but this is very tedious for an average Android user. It would be better if users could upload and delete custom fonts through the user interface.
Can you not do that using the built-in file manager ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-07-25, 19:19)black_eagle Wrote: Can you not do that using the built-in file manager ?
Many Android TV devices don't come with a file manager, and even if their is, the built-in file managers usually don't allow users to access hidden files: users have to install third-party file managers to access .kodi/media/fonts and those file managers are mostly not user-friendly for Android TV. Some devices don't even have Play Store preinstalled, so sideloading is needed. The process could be easily simplified by allowing users to upload fonts through the Kodi interface.
(2021-07-26, 09:53)Outre Wrote: the built-in file managers usually don't allow users to access hidden files:

Don't you have the 'Show hidden files and directories' option enabled in the Settings/Media/General section? I thought it would work for the File Manager as well. Write access on Android is another matter.
Show hidden files/folders does work in the Kodi file manager.

I'm more wondering if the presence of the file manager in Kodi has been overlooked?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-07-26, 17:33)DarrenHill Wrote: Show hidden files/folders does work in the Kodi file manager.

I'm more wondering if the presence of the file manager in Kodi has been overlooked?

Just realised that Kodi has a built-in file manager. Then requested functionality is not necessary

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add the functionality to allow users to upload fonts0