Solved Wrong Order For Channel Groups
@ksooo  / @phunkyfish 
When using multiple clients, all with 1 or more channel groups, should the channel groups be grouped in the same order of priority as set in the PVR settings for the clients? I have asked about this before, but never got an answer. I currently have 3 clients running on my Kodi set-up as follows:-

1st priority - NextPVR (1 Channel Group)
2nd priority - VU+/Enigma (6 Channel Groups)
3rd priority - IPTV Simple (2 Channel Groups)

I assumed after the 'All Channels' Group on the EPG screen, the channel groups should then follow the above order of priority, but on my current set-up they don't. What I'm getting is the following order after the 'All Channels' Group:-

2 Groups for IPTV client
1 Group for VU+/Enigma client
1 Group for NextPVR Group
5 Groups for VU+/Enigma client

I'm sure this should not be the expected behaviour and whilst it doesn't overly bother when it happens, there does not seem to be any way to clear this and reset the the channel group order. Refreshing the channel line up and guide data makes no difference, neither does deleting the EPG DB file.
Eventually, the normal order of priority for the channel groups does seem to reset itself, but it took over 4 months the last time I saw this happen. Just to be clear, I'm only talking about the order of the actual Channel Groups. The Channels themselves are correctly ordered in the EPG rows as per the set priority. 
I'm seeing the exact same behaviour on both the default Estuary skin and my own custom mod of Estuary, using Matrix.

Is there anything else you could suggest I try that might clear this quirk and reset the channel group order?
Can you list the group names maybe or provide a screenshot?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Yep, sure. Here you go:-

Like I said, the channels in the rows are in the correct order as channel 1-5 are for the group 'NextPVR', followed by my VU+ channels, with the Discovery+ and Eurosport channels last.
So looking at the above, I assumed that the NextPVR Group would be first, followed by my 6 VU+ Groups, with the Discovery+ and Sport groups last.
Based on previous visual observations only, this behaviour seems to get triggered if enabling a new client (with new Groups), or adding new channel groups to an existing client. Whatever I do to clear things makes no difference. Usually, I end up just waiting until it clears/resets by itself which like I said previously took 4 months last time.

Groups are as follows:-
NextPVR - (NextPVR)
VU+ - (Entertainment, Documentaries, Music, Regional, News and HD)
Discovery+ (Discovery+ and Sport)
Ah, so sorting by groups does not respect priority. It only supports position which I guess is why we have that problem. Group position on a single provider is optional as well so it's position you get some ordering and everything else is random.

If you can test a master build I can try to implement a sort that works for priority and then position. I guess a single sort order of always respect by priority (if set), within each priority sort by position and then by name if there no position.

@ksooo does this sound sane to you?
(2021-08-10, 20:25)phunkyfish Wrote: Ah, so sorting by groups does not respect priority. It only supports position which I guess is why we have that problem. Group position on a single provider is optional as well so it's position you get some ordering and everything else is random.

If you can test a master build I can try to implement a sort that works for priority and then position. I guess a single sort order of always respect by priority (if set), within each priority sort by position and then by name if there no position.

@phunkyfish sounds good.
(2021-08-11, 11:08)ksooo Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 20:25)phunkyfish Wrote: Ah, so sorting by groups does not respect priority. It only supports position which I guess is why we have that problem. Group position on a single provider is optional as well so it's position you get some ordering and everything else is random.

@phunkyfish sounds good.

One problem with this. Groups are independent of clients. So they don't have a priority. In order to do this we would need to store the highest client priority per group. Without this sorting is kinda meaningless.

Any advice on how to retain the highest client priority on a PVRChannelGroup @ksooo ? In the client callback we don't know which client ID is being used which makes it tricky.
@ksooo / @phunkyfish 
So I discovered a fairly quick and easy way to fix the channel group order when they get out of sync as described on the OP.
Disabling the PVR Client(s), but leave one enabled. Then exit Kodi and re-start.
Client left enabled will now have correct order of groups. Then just re-enable other client(s) again.
Have done this 2-3 times now and has worked every time.  Smile
Came across it more by luck than anything, but thought it worth posting in case anybody else ever has the same issue.
Will mark thread as solved.
(2021-10-24, 23:08)Dumyat Wrote: @ksooo / @phunkyfish 
So I discovered a fairly quick and easy way to fix the channel group order when they get out of sync as described on the OP.
Disabling the PVR Client(s), but leave one enabled. Then exit Kodi and re-start.
Client left enabled will now have correct order of groups. Then just re-enable other client(s) again.
Have done this 2-3 times now and has worked every time.  Smile
Came across it more by luck than anything, but thought it worth posting in case anybody else ever has the same issue.
Will mark thread as solved.

Nice, that appears to be far more accurate than my approach!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Order For Channel Groups0