v19 Remove search box from right edge of home screen
Question 
Hiya,

just upgraded my Vero 4K with OSMC’s August update which brought v19 to it. Since I’m a fan of Confluence and have been using it for about ten years now, I’d like to keep doing so even with v19. Most of the upgrade went smoothly. The only thing bugging me is this new search box on the right edge of the screen:

Is it possible to disable the new search box? No keyboard attached, so I have no use for it. I didn’t find an option in interface settings to hide it despite expert settings, and there’s no global search addon to remove/disable as suggested here because it’s not installed.

Any ideas?
I also want to remove/disable it.
to tinker it out - open Home.xml  and goto Line 530 which should be a radiobutton with id of 608  -  just uncomment out the control by adding <!-- to the start of the control and --> to the end of the control.  
save it.  
or your best bet would to create a new setting to hide/show the search box - you could just copy&paste an existing control and edit where necessary.
I have code ready to address this by moving Search to a button at the bottom alongside Power & Favourites and then also give the ability in Settings to Hide.

Thumbs Up 
(2021-08-15, 12:21)udangaribaldi Wrote: to tinker it out - open Home.xml  and goto Line 530 which should be a radiobutton with id of 608  -  just uncomment out the control by adding <!-- to the start of the control and --> to the end of the control.  
save it.

Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot, man! Smile Also paging @brucecao – just follow the instructions in udangaribaldi’s post and the search box will disappear.

In OSMC the file in question is located in /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml
(2021-08-18, 12:58)jjd-uk Wrote: I have code ready to address this by moving Search to a button at the bottom alongside Power & Favourites and then also give the ability in Settings to Hide.

Noice! My eyes like this way better than the box at the right of the menu. I’d say suggest it over at the project’s GitHub page.
Guess you didn't notice the title below my username
I like the option to hide both the favorite and search buttons.  When will that be released?
Not had the time to push it to the Confluence repo yet for review by others on the Team, will get that part done over the weekend, then it all depends on how quickly others can test and whether any adjustments are asked for before it is added.
(2021-08-19, 23:46)jjd-uk Wrote: Guess you didn't notice the title below my username

Dang, you’re right. I didn’t and now that I understand your post, I feel stupid. Sorry!

Btw, should I have created the topic as a certain category to be able to mark it as solved? Can neither edit the start post (as suggested here) nor have any other button for marking it as solved.
Code has now been submitted for Team review.
Code has now been merged, so it will be in the next update of Confliuence via the repo, however I don't know when that'll be so don't know how long you'll have to wait.
Having the same issue here (just updated to 19 finally, and loathe the search option where it is by default). However when I try both suggestions noted in this thread (comment the line out, and/or use jjd-uk's updated home.xml), I can no longer navigate up and down in the main menu (ie: can only scroll one way from the menus to the above 'recently added' files, or from the files down to the menus) - not both up and down..

anyone else having the same issue?
I haven't provided a modified home.xml so did you download it from Confluence repo on Github? If so did you also download IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml as that is also necessary.
A new update will soon get released for Kodi Matrix including the changes by @jjd-uk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove search box from right edge of home screen0