Disable checking for audio device.
I use an instance of Kodi on a server for running database/library maintenance.  The server doesn't have a sound device.  The challenge is Kodi keeps checking for a sound device about twice a second and puts a pile of errors in the kodi.log.  After a couple of days the log gets huge (>500MB).

2021-08-17 19:22:13.865 T:7548   ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::GetDefaultDevice: Retrival of audio endpoint enumeration failed. - HRESULT = -2147023728 ErrorMessage = (null)
2021-08-17 19:22:13.865 T:7548   ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Failed to create the DirectSound device  with error DSERR_NODRIVER, trying the default device.
2021-08-17 19:22:13.865 T:7548   ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Failed to create the default DirectSound device with error DSERR_NODRIVER.
2021-08-17 19:22:13.865 T:7548   ERROR: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - no sink was returned
2021-08-17 19:22:13.865 T:1756   ERROR: ActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::InitSink - returned error

It also makes the log very noisy when I'm trying to solve problems that actually matter.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop it from trying to find an audi endpoint all together?

Thanks,
Jim
(2021-08-18, 04:24)mularj Wrote: Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop it from trying to find an audi endpoint all together?
Fork Kodi, and remove the relevant code.
If you were hoping for a simple setting... you're out of luck.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would buy a $15 sound card just to solve this hassle… :-D
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Just install a virtual device that outputs to nothing.  EG https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-08-18, 20:30)black_eagle Wrote: Just install a virtual device that outputs to nothing.  EG https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
This is a clever idea and I feel stupid for not thinking about it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable checking for audio device.0