Bug Timeshift not working properly?
Sad 
I will admit I am completely new at this, but I am looking for a straight forward way to pause/rewind/forward live streams. There is a lot of information on the internet but from what I have gathered I have done the following things:

* Downloaded Kodi (latest version)
* Installed IPTV Simple PVR addon
* Enabled Timeshift in inputstream FFMpeg Direct addon
*Enabled Timeshift in IPTV Simple PVR addon

At first I was ecstatic because I used to only have a STOP button while watching streams, but after following those steps I got a PAUSE button, rewind, and fast forward button. The only way I can describe it however is that its not very stable? For example, I will have no problem pausing and fast forwarding a stream if its less than 30 seconds but whenever I try to fast forward a few minutes ahead, it will get stuck in a loop (it will go back to where I start fast forwarding from and fast forward a bit again and then go back to where it started, etc). I'm just wondering if I did something wrong or I'm using a bad stream or something? Thank you so much in advance everybody
(2021-08-27, 01:53)Dom51487 Wrote: I'm just wondering if I did something wrong or I'm using a bad stream or something?

Provide a debug log (wiki) and perhaps we can tell if there is a problem.
(2021-08-27, 01:53)Dom51487 Wrote: I will admit I am completely new at this, but I am looking for a straight forward way to pause/rewind/forward live streams. There is a lot of information on the internet but from what I have gathered I have done the following things:

* Downloaded Kodi (latest version)
* Installed IPTV Simple PVR addon
* Enabled Timeshift in inputstream FFMpeg Direct addon
*Enabled Timeshift in IPTV Simple PVR addon

At first I was ecstatic because I used to only have a STOP button while watching streams, but after following those steps I got a PAUSE button, rewind, and fast forward button. The only way I can describe it however is that its not very stable? For example, I will have no problem pausing and fast forwarding a stream if its less than 30 seconds but whenever I try to fast forward a few minutes ahead, it will get stuck in a loop (it will go back to where I start fast forwarding from and fast forward a bit again and then go back to where it started, etc). I'm just wondering if I did something wrong or I'm using a bad stream or something? Thank you so much in advance everybody
Are you by any chance using the UnpauseJumpback addon? This is known to cause issues with timeshift as I found after much troubleshooting with phunkyfish on github.
Yes, any Python addons that supplement/change playback controls will cause problems. The PVR system in kodi depends on all the controls being routed to its own interface. Otherwise things break.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift not working properly?0