Openinfo/Extendedinfo - Jerky video from videoinfo screen vs smooth from videolist
Hey

So this is a bit of a weird issue but I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this, from the openinfo program addon when I try and play a movie from a videoinfo window more than 2 deep in the windowmanager stack, the video is always jerky.

Whereas I can browse any number of videolist windows and play from the context menu without any problems.

I've tried making changes so that it closes the window and adds it to the stack, or just closes the addon but the fact that the window is closed doesnt seem to make any difference.

So for example from the "DialogVideoInfo.py":

python:

@ch.click(8)
        def play_movie(self):
            if self.dbid and int(self.dbid) > 0:
                dbid = self.dbid
                url = ''
                PLAYER.play_from_button(url, listitem=None, window=self, type='movieid', dbid=dbid)
            else:

#wm.add_to_stack(self)
                url = 'plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=play&type=movie&tmdb_id=%s' % self.info.get('id', '')
                #PLAYER.play_from_button(url, listitem=None, window=self)
                xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(busydialog)')
                PLAYER.play_from_button(url, listitem=None, window=self, type='movieid', dbid=0)
                #self.close()
                #xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(movieinformation)')
                #xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all,true)')
                #xbmc.executebuiltin('RunPlugin(%s)' % url)
                #xbmcgui.Window(10000).clearProperty('infodialogs.active')
                #xbmcgui.Window(10000).clearProperty('diamondinfo_running')
                #PLAYER.wait_for_video_end()
                #xbmcgui.Window(10000).setProperty('diamondinfo_running', 'True')
                #xbmcgui.Window(10000).setProperty('infodialogs.active', 'true')
                #return wm.pop_stack()

And you can see i've added a number of things now commented out to try and get it to play from the Info screen without being jerky but nothing seems to fix it.

As a work around i've added a "search item" context menu item so I find a movie, if its in the recommended section I seach item and the addon closes and repoens with the video list on the relevant search and I play from there.

Which works fine, but it would be better not to have to return to the top screen to get it to play without noticibly jerky video.

Does anyone know if this is a modal dialog issue, or something to do with the window stack?
Or is at resource issue?

I would generally only browse like that for movies and if im watching a movie it will normally be a much larger file, so i thought that might be part of the issue on my box which has good video processing and generally loads kodi quite well but will trigger temp warningns if im browsing around openinfo and it happens to be a warm day?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openinfo/Extendedinfo - Jerky video from videoinfo screen vs smooth from videolist0