Solved Mark playlist as watched?
Hello,

I did some basic Google and forum searches, but was not able to find an answer.  Can a playlist be marked as watched, either via the context menu or other means?  I've seen some old forum posts that suggest in V16 one could mark a folder watched, a feature removed for V17 and reinserted into  V18.  i am looking at the context menu for folders in V19 and using the basic skin, I do not see an option to mark the folder as watched (I'm assuming this is  the context menu that lets you edit the source, set content, etc when looking at file folders).

A very old post form 2009 says that an XSP file (aka playlist) can be marked as watched but when I do the right-click or context menu, I can only browse into them, edit, etc.). 

Oddly enough, in the Estuary skin, I can go into the categories sand mark all movies from a stdio or for a certain genre or year as marked, so I think node views have this function?  Would I be able to create a node via the library node editor that contains a specific playlist and then use that node to mark the entire playlist as watched, or is there another way that is better and/or easier? 

Thanks,

TD
(2021-09-07, 17:39)Tired Dad Wrote: I do not see an option to mark the folder as watched
This function shows up in the context menu for me. e.g source is animations, within which is a sub folder 'cartoons' the entire folder can be marked 'watched'. Smart playlists can not be marked as watched in it's entirety as new additions would throw a wrench into the listing and in this respect nodes have a similar issue. OTH: using the keyboard 'w' for the watched toggle will make fast work of select quantities. Toggle Between Watched, Unwatched, and All Videos on Kodi When on a video listing screen, press the left arrow to open the left sidebar. Go down to the item that says either Watched, Unwatched, or All Videos. Select it to toggle the filter between those 3 modes.
(2021-09-07, 17:39)Tired Dad Wrote: is there another way that is better and/or easier? 
In sources just mark the source as having no files 'none'. Investigate Add-on:WatchedList (wiki) and have a look at advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki)
(2021-09-08, 01:48)PatK Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 17:39)Tired Dad Wrote: I do not see an option to mark the folder as watched
This function shows up in the context menu for me. e.g source is animations, within which is a sub folder 'cartoons' the entire folder can be marked 'watched'. Smart playlists can not be marked as watched in it's entirety as new additions would throw a wrench into the listing and in this respect nodes have a similar issue. OTH: using the keyboard 'w' for the watched toggle will make fast work of select quantities. Toggle Between Watched, Unwatched, and All Videos on Kodi When on a video listing screen, press the left arrow to open the left sidebar. Go down to the item that says either Watched, Unwatched, or All Videos. Select it to toggle the filter between those 3 modes.
(2021-09-07, 17:39)Tired Dad Wrote: is there another way that is better and/or easier? 
In sources just mark the source as having no files 'none'. Investigate Add-on:WatchedList (wiki) and have a look at advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki)
Thanks, I am familiar with the "w" method and I'll check out the WatchedList addon.  Curious though that I don't see the context menu for sources.  I switched to the default Estuary skin, and what I see is below.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or looking in the wrong spot Smile

(2021-09-08, 03:38)Tired Dad Wrote: I don't see the context menu for sources
Because sources will not have this context menu choice, but should there be sub folders 'then the context menu will have it shown as my example. If you want to explain in detail what you want to accomplish, perhaps there is a work-around.
(2021-09-08, 17:17)PatK Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 03:38)Tired Dad Wrote: I don't see the context menu for sources
Because sources will not have this context menu choice, but should there be sub folders 'then the context menu will have it shown as my example. If you want to explain in detail what you want to accomplish, perhaps there is a work-around.
Ah, gotcha.  My sub-folders are the movie folders themselves as the sources are "Kids Movies", "Parent Movies" already.  I have a kid who's now old enough to see some movies that he couldn't when he was a preteen.  When I imported the NFO files, I had the watched status in them and the advancedsettings.xml set to import that status so most of the movies were showing as "watched" for him on import.  In addition to moving my sources to the root media folder on the drive, I can also turn off the flag in the XML file to resolve this.

Thanks for you help, you can close this thread Smile
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark playlist as watched?0