No shared/online watched database available
Exclamation 
Every Kodi installation (latest version) is isolated to a device (PC, Android Box, Firestick, etc) and that makes it hard to track watched stuff (movies, series, etc) because the database is not shared/online.

If a series has 100 episodes it is very hard to remember what was the last episode watched when trying to watch the series using different devices:

Example:
I watch episode 1,2,3 of series A in my Kodi installed on my Firestick in my living room.
Then I go continue to watch the same series in my PC in my office and watch episodes 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10.
Then I go back to my living room to continue to watch the series but I don't remember the last episode watched because on my Firestick it shows episode 3 as the last one watched and not 10 that I watched on my PC.

I wish everything marked as watched would be shared across devices with Kodi installed.

Possible Fix
Use an online database that would be shared across devices with Kodi installed - there would be no security risk because the database would contain only what has been watched (Series, Movies, Episode Names, etc)
(2021-09-07, 20:14)hostedvideorn Wrote: Possible Fix

Is this you being the new Oracle and/or troubleshooter on the Kodi forum, spitting out what is quite ancient information and basically kicking in open doors?
Starting this as your first ever post here does get you noticed, although be it for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: for your information, MySQL support was already in XBMC (Kodi) some 12 years ago.
MySQL (wiki), trakt, emby...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-09-07, 20:31)DarrenHill Wrote: MySQL (wiki), trakt, emby...
...Plex and Jellyfin. MediaImport

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No shared/online watched database available0