Solved Resolution stuck on super low
Hi guys, i hope someone can help me with this. I'll try to be as complete as possible in laying out how this happened.

Okay, so maybe a little background. This is on a rasp pi 4 (8Gb), but I'm not sure if that is pertinent. I just got onto 19 so I was setting up some emulators. Everything was going well. Played a little SNES. Decided to try some NES.

Started out okay, but the sound was not playing so i went into the settings and checked out what audio settings were there. I tried one of the crop options while i was there just for the heck of it. When i went back to the game the aspect ratio was off. Went back in the settings, undid the crop setting, but it was still wrong. I quit the emulator and went back into the game to find it was still stretched, but then i saw the aspect ratio settings there on the initial menu. So i picked one from that and it looked good again. I'm using old wireless controllers, so by this time the controller timed out and i hit the button to reconnect it; as it connected, there were a bunch of phantom keypresses (volume, mute—all in a flurry—and it changed the resolution). I could only see the top left corner and none of the menu to quit the emulator so i restarted Kodi. When i tried the emulator again i just get a black screen. I can't get back to the regular Kodi menus. It's not locked up, just black. I need to restart Kodi to get video back.

I reset the add-on settings to defaults. Still a blank screen. I tried other emulators that had been working fine: same thing. Tried different emulators that were never even installed when this happened: same thing.

No games working at all now.

I'm hoping there's something i can just wipe out to get back to a clean slate.

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled all game add-ons including libretro, wiping all config in the process. Still the same thing. I can hear the game audio, but just the very top corner of it is visible. Even if i manage to blindly find the exit in the menu, Kodi is set at this super low resolution so I have to restart anyway. I found an example of the settings.xml for one of the snes emulators and put that in the resources for the add-on. Still the same issue. I am getting nowhere—neither making it better or worse.

I'm thinking of reinstalling libreelec but I'm afraid that since i don't know how to fix this, I'll end up back here with the same problem if my controller spazzes out again.
Resetting the Kodi GUI can done by renaming/deleting the guisettings.xml file, and restarting Kodi. Perhaps one of the add-ons has butchered that config file.
(2021-09-08, 23:53)Klojum Wrote: Resetting the Kodi GUI can done by renaming/deleting the guisettings.xml file, and restarting Kodi. Perhaps one of the add-ons has butchered that config file.

Thank you! That was it. I had looked at file before but I didn't see game resolution on there so moved on to the add-ons, but that was it
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution stuck on super low0