• 9(current)
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max
Hello,
I read whole this topic, but still little confused about Fire TV 4K MAX and HD audio passthrough in Kodi ?
Does it work properly, like on Nvidia Shield or not ?
Passthrough of Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos via Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD MA, DTS:X, IMAX DTS:X...not sure there are any more HD audio formats there :-)
Thanx a lot
(2022-08-02, 20:26)jarosujo Wrote: Hello,
I read whole this topic, but still little confused about Fire TV 4K MAX and HD audio passthrough in Kodi ?
Passthrough of Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos via Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD MA, DTS:X, IMAX DTS:X...not sure there are any more HD audio formats there :-)
Thanx a lot

No. what you hear, if you're lucky, only the core 5.1/7.1. No support for lossles audio format on FireTV Max.
best,
Salata
(2022-08-02, 20:26)jarosujo Wrote: Hello,
Thanx a lot
I don't think the FireTV 4K or Max ever supported HD audio passthrough.    IF the HD audio has a CORE included, the core will be played.   Like DTS-HD would result in DTS-Core being played. 

That being said, my FireTV 4K Max stick converts everything to DD+ no matter how I setup Kodi.    I stopped using it and got a Shield Pro.
Has anyone found a way to force the video output resolution of the fire stick 4k max? I can set it in the options, but on reboot it reverts to auto.
Netflix finally adds Frame Rate Matching for Amazon Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks

4k MAX not work... Sad
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
That is really great to see. I can recommend to my Sister to buy a 2nd-gen Fire TV Cube for her Netflix viewing instead of the Apple TV 4K I had been recommending before. (I don't want to recommend the Stick 4K Max until there's confirmation that it works too; plus the 2nd-gen Cube is cheaper on eBay.)

Many people (my Sister included until recently) either don't care or can't tell the difference between motion-interpolation and proper frame-rate/refresh-rate handling. It's not video snobbishness because once you appreciate the difference, it's hard to go back to motion-interpolation (at least for me.) This is more important for European video watchers who experience far worse judder.

I don't stream but I remember how difficult it was to play back video files in their intended frame-rates early on. It wasn't until Nov. 29, 2008 with MediaPortal SVN rev. 20971 + ARC 0.61 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa...ost-335913 for Win Vista-SP1 on an expensive PC outputted over HDMI to the Samsung LN40A630M1FXZA TV (with motion-smoothing set to the lowest position) that I first experienced it to my satisfaction. What a relief it was to achieve the same thing much easier by just using XBMC 10 a couple of years later (although I still needed just a bit of the display's motion-smoothing to be honest.)
What are the proper settings for pass-through with the current FireOS version when the Max is connected to an AVR 7.1 via HDMI?

Are these correct?

Number of channels: 7.1 (and let the AVR down-mix to 5.1 because I only have a 5.1 speaker set up)
Output configuration: Best Match
Resample quality: High

Passthrough output device: AudioTrack (IEC) Kodi IEC packer (recommended) -- or should it be AudioTrack (Raw) Android IEC packer instead?
All formats/codecs enabled for pass-thru because the AVR supports them all (though I understand the HD ones won't make it through)
@fritsch Is there a way for Kodi to decode Dolby TrueHD and pass it to the AVR as multi-channel or is that broken on the Fire stick Max? Every setting I tried seems to end up with DD5.1 or DD+ and I'm not sure why LPCM doesn't work, does the stick convert it to DD?
Not sure what the settings should be if there's some breakage, please see my question above if you don't mind. Thanks.
As far as my experience goes with fire max it doesn't support any lossless formats. Have a look at the 4k firestick thread as that had some posts about lpcm settings.
(2022-11-18, 23:09)sirmedia Wrote: @fritsch Is there a way for Kodi to decode Dolby TrueHD and pass it to the AVR as multi-channel or is that broken on the Fire stick Max? Every setting I tried seems to end up with DD5.1 or DD+ and I'm not sure why LPCM doesn't work, does the stick convert it to DD?
Not sure what the settings should be if there's some breakage, please see my question above if you don't mind. Thanks.

Set the FireTV audio setting to PCM (not "best" or whatever). Set Kodi to 5.1 Fixed. This will decode and output everything to 5.1 PCM. (7.1 doesn't work).
Hi,
I've just put Kodi onto a Firestick 4k Max, & am getting some of the same issues here, with mch DD+ / DTS stuff.

My processor can decode all formats, can a helpful soul just advise what the best settings would be for Firestick Audio, & Kodi.

Ideally I'd like the processor to do the heavy lifting, so presumably as much pass-through as possible.

thanks
Is there a way using something to move the Kodi data to my Flash Drive formatted as storage?  I have a lot of movies in Kodi and fill up the internal memory on my new Firestick 4K Max quickly?
(2023-01-19, 02:46)kinghtrider Wrote: Is there a way using something to move the Kodi data to my Flash Drive formatted as storage?  I have a lot of movies in Kodi and fill up the internal memory on my new Firestick 4K Max quickly?
Yes just move Kodi to adoptive storage drive from settings, you may also want to disable caching of actor images caching in Kodi settings as that will save a ton of space. Kodi uses about 1GB of storage for me.
With the same movie file, I can feel micro stutters in KODI that I don't see in Plex with a 4k Max stick, what can be the cause? It looks like KODI doesn't do refresh rate matching correctly even though it is turned on in the settings. How can I be sure it's working? Stutters in Kodi are not that bad, I can only feel them every 10, 20 seconds or so, but they are definitely there. Kodi is connected via NFS protocol to NAS. Plex is using direct play from the NAS server. 
Thanks
(2023-01-19, 10:38)VelimirSaban Wrote: With the same movie file, I can feel micro stutters in KODI that I don't see in Plex with a 4k Max stick, what can be the cause?

google for kodinerds maven build firetv. those guys are integrating lots of updates that fixes issues with kodi on firetv devices. this including mentioned micro-stutters and correct HDR and DV support.
best,
Salata
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max0