v20 New Kodi subtitles renderer in Kodi 20 - TESTERS NEEDED
(2022-02-28, 21:22)CastagnaIT Wrote:
Code:
IMO i think that the causes could be two
or pvr.zattoo addon provide coloured text as default
or pvr.zattoo addon encodes colours differently from the required format in our decoder

in any case without having the possibility to have a example raw subtitle data to see it is difficult to say
more likely this need to be fixed in pvr.zattoo

@CastagnaIT Thanks for taking look at issue and offering suggestions on likely causes I have raised a pvr.zattoo issue in Github
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I'm wondering if you have any insight on the 10 second latency for switching between subtitles using the dialog box, "Next subtitle", or JSON, which I've verified still occurs in v20 on Android. I started a couple of threads about it here:

"Next subtitle" has 10 second latency before subtitles are shown

(Why this matters to me so much)

In a nutshell:

1. There is no delay when toggling subtitles on/off.
2. There is a 10 second delay when switching between different subtitles, but immediately following with, say, Seek(-1) causes them to appear immediately.
3. In Autohotkey, I've implemented what I consider correct handling of the toggle command when forced subtitles are present, which is why this latency matters to me. The second post I linked to talks about what I mean by "correct handling".
(2022-03-05, 05:47)crawfish Wrote: I'm wondering if you have any insight on the 10 second latency for switching between subtitles using the dialog box, "Next subtitle", or JSON, which I've verified still occurs in v20 on Android. I started a couple of threads about it here:

"Next subtitle" has 10 second latency before subtitles are shown

(Why this matters to me so much)

In a nutshell:

1. There is no delay when toggling subtitles on/off.
2. There is a 10 second delay when switching between different subtitles, but immediately following with, say, Seek(-1) causes them to appear immediately.
3. In Autohotkey, I've implemented what I consider correct handling of the toggle command when forced subtitles are present, which is why this latency matters to me. The second post I linked to talks about what I mean by "correct handling".

> 10 second delay when switching between different subtitles, but immediately following with, say, Seek(-1) causes them to appear immediately.

This is interesting but suspect the problem is on other code components
if you are able please open a new bug Issue in kodi Github repository
and fullfill it with all your useful informations so we can keep track of the problem
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-03-05, 17:41)CastagnaIT Wrote: This is interesting but suspect the problem is on other code components
if you are able please open a new bug Issue in kodi Github repository
and fullfill it with all your useful informations so we can keep track of the problem
Thanks, done: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/21086
Would it be possible to have separate color settings for SDR and HDR?

When I choose a comfortable color for SDR the subtitles become way too bright in HDR. And the other way around - a comfortable color for HDR means the subtitles are barely visible in SDR.
Currently I have to change the color in settings every time I switch between SDR and HDR videos.

I believe there was a PR about making the whole UI less bright in HDR mode but it was specific to Windows. Until (if ever) this is implemented for all platforms a separate color setting for subtitles in HDR would mitigate the issue. We don't need to see the Kodi UI all the time during watching of video but the subtitles are visible during watching (they are supposed to) and their bright color is blending.
Using the Viaplay addon I find that Sami subtitles don't work in V20, works fine in V19. See below for a log file and the addon zip.

https://github.com/zuzia-dev/kodi-viaplay/issues/1
(2021-10-20, 22:28)scott967 Wrote: Just to summarize on the RTL thing -- I have convinced myself that the current libass is correct, unless Kodi could flag the document default direction is RTL.  However, I don't think any other player does this and subbers have compensated with a work around.  So a change would probably break existing text subs.

I'm running Kodi 20 RC2 on a Nvidia Sheild Pro, and I can tell you that I have a full library of 200+ movies with Hebrew subtitles and all of them are being displayed incorrectly with the punctuation marks at the beginning of the sentence instead of the end.
The same library plays fine on virtually every other player out there (such as VLC, MPC-BE).
Also, before switching to the Nvidia Shield I used to run Kodi 17 on Windows, and the same movie library displayed the Hebrew subtitles correctly.

Therefore, I can definitely say that there is an issue with the way Kodi handles RTL subtitles on this new version.
Would need to see a copy of part of the subfile (upload to a pastebin) to test against.

scott s.
(2023-01-05, 01:04)purpleman Wrote: I'm running Kodi 20 RC2 on a Nvidia Sheild Pro, and I can tell you that I have a full library of 200+ movies with Hebrew subtitles and all of them are being displayed incorrectly with the punctuation marks at the beginning of the sentence instead of the end.

If you want someone to fix then you need to provide an example subtitle file so someone like @CastagnaIT can take a look at it. Might be best to raise an issue at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues so it doesn't get missed as a problem in case CastagnaIT is not available.
Thanks!
I did Smile

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22398
Wher can I change the cooler for subtle
How can I change the font color
(2023-01-17, 00:52)basha Wrote: How can I change the font color
See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Subtitles
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-01-17, 00:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-01-17, 00:52)basha Wrote: How can I change the font color
See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Subtitles

Note however that if you use a skin other than Estuary, then you may not see the setting if the skin hasn't been fully updated for v20.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kodi subtitles renderer in Kodi 20 - TESTERS NEEDED0