Soundtrack/Various Artist organization help
After doing some digging/research and reading previous comments i found out about Library node editor and that it allows you to customize queries. So with that i was able to edit the artist field to exclude the source path of soundtracks and compilations and make a new node of soundtracks and compilations. 

Sorry, for all the trouble. I had no idea that this was even possible. Until about 2 hours ago, I thought everything imported into kodi relied solely on the metadata being read. 

This still isn't perfect from what i was originally pursuing, but it is certainly something i can live with and may even be better. 

Thank you for all the help

Please consider this to be solved.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2021-09-30, 06:33)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Until about 2 hours ago, I thought everything imported into kodi relied solely on the metadata being read. 
Music library entries do rely solely on the metadata embedded in the music files. However the node system is very customisable, and you can create custom nodes (much like smart playlists) in a variety of ways that filter which of these entries are dispalyed.

I am still unclear on what you wanted with soundtracks, but since you have found how to do something like you want with custom nodes then great.
(2021-09-30, 09:16)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2021-09-30, 06:33)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Until about 2 hours ago, I thought everything imported into kodi relied solely on the metadata being read. 
Music library entries do rely solely on the metadata embedded in the music files. However the node system is very customisable, and you can create custom nodes (much like smart playlists) in a variety of ways that filter which of these entries are dispalyed.

I am still unclear on what you wanted with soundtracks, but since you have found how to do something like you want with custom nodes then great.
I wanted basically a miscellaneous container within the artists folder without overwriting any of the metadata associated with songs on a soundtrack or comp album. 

i.e.
Madonna > All madonna albums> tracks and artist info for selected album 
avenged sevenfold > all avenged sevenfold albums> tracks and artist info for selected album 
killswitch engage > All killswitch engage albums> tracks and artist info for selected album 
Metallica > all metallica albums > tracks and artist info for selected album 
Miscellaneous/soundtracks/boxed sets/various artists > all soundtracks /boxed sets/various artists albums> tracks and artist info for selected album
Motley crew>all motley crew albums>> tracks and artist info for selected album 
etc.

I have things broke out into a soundtracks, compilations, and boxedsets node now, which is probably better than i've ever had it before. Seeing the queries in the Library node editor really helped me understand how the nodes work and exactly what they were doing. It was all just magic to me up until that point.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soundtrack/Various Artist organization help0