Can't get UHD on Chromecast with Android TV
Is it possible to get Kodi to work in UHD on Chromecast with Android TV?  Other apps seem to work, but Kodi says it is 1920x1080 no matter what I do.
anybody?
I have the same problem. At the moment it seems the max res for chromecast tv is 1920.
(2021-10-01, 13:09)theslut Wrote: I have the same problem. At the moment it seems the max res for chromecast tv is 1920.
Just for Kodi?  That seems strange, but I suppose it's possible.  I seem to be getting 4k Hulu and Netflix though, and the Chromecast itself is telling me it is running at 3840x2160@60 FPS
(2021-10-01, 15:52)ixalthim Wrote:
(2021-10-01, 13:09)theslut Wrote: I have the same problem. At the moment it seems the max res for chromecast tv is 1920.
Just for Kodi?  That seems strange, but I suppose it's possible.  I seem to be getting 4k Hulu and Netflix though, and the Chromecast itself is telling me it is running at 3840x2160@60 FPS

I mean the max res for Kodi on Chromecast seems to be 1920. I get full res with native android apps like Emby, Netflix etc.
Well, that sucks.  I wonder why it's restricted.
The Kodu UI is whats being reported as 2K, not the video being played.
are you saying the videos (assuming they are UHD resolution) will play back at UHD?  I only have a few, but if that is the case, then this is a non issue.
(2021-10-11, 02:03)ixalthim Wrote: It shouldare you saying the videos (assuming they are UHD resolution) will play back at UHD?  I only have a few, but if that is the case, then this is a non issue.

It should unless theres some other issue (like ot going through a AVR and it not allowing it).

Hopefully 19.2 will allow you to see if Kodi can do 4k, not just for the UI.

Most tv's info buttons will let you see if the video is indeed 4k or not.
I should be able to check my Emby server dashboard to see if it is being transcoded.  I will check when I get a chance and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get UHD on Chromecast with Android TV0