Support for epg in xml.gz format
(2022-05-19, 06:04)jim_p Wrote: Are there any other similar parameters for me to learn?
Yes, there are a couple of others that I use in my own list, which are 'channel name' (tvg-name=tvg-name="Film4",Film4) and 'channel group title' (group-title="Movies",Film4). Group title is very useful, as this will create separate channel groups, ie Entertainment, Movies, Documentaries, Sport....etc. These groups are then shown at the top of EPG on Estuary, which makes navigation far easier if you have a lot of channels. Basically, you don't need to scroll down 'All Channels' to get to the channel you want, as you can filter by specific channel group. Here is an example of some my channels, with with channel name and group title tags added:-

xml:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="28" tvg-logo="C:\Users\Mini-Pc\Documents\TV Icons (VU+)\1_0_19_22DC_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png" tvg-id="EPG123.110540.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-name="BBC Scotland HD",BBC Scotland HD group-title="Entertainment",BBC Scotland HD
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
xml:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="80" tvg-logo="C:\Users\Mini-Pc\Documents\TV Icons (VU+)\1_0_1_2404_7F9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png" tvg-id="EPG123.21494.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-name="Film4",Film4 group-title="Movies",Film4
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
xml:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="140" tvg-logo="C:\Users\Mini-Pc\Documents\TV Icons (VU+)\1_0_1_D016_83F_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png" tvg-id="EPG123.73510.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-name="PBS",PBS group-title="Documentaries",PBS
http://xxx.xxx.xxx

So, in the above examples, I have 3 channels in separate channel groups (Entertainment, Movies, Documentaries).
I also have my own mod of the Estuary skin, which aims to offer some more features on the PVR sections. One feature that might interest you is if you add 'HD', '4K' or 'UHD' to the end of your channel names, an icon for the channel resolution is shown on both the EPG and TV Channels windows. If you don't add anything to your channel name, these will appear as 'SD'.
The main thread for my skin mod can be found here, which includes screen shots and further info: 366117 (thread)  

I hope the above info will help you configure your channel list better, so that you can enjoy a better Live TV experience with Kodi.
Sorry for the big delay in answering, but both kodi and my pc give me some hard time Tongue
Thank you for all your tips, especially for the ones about the channel number and the resolution logos. I will test the resolution logos again, because I remember I had "HD" in most of them and they just showed it as if it was part of their name and nothing more.
A very weird issue I came accross today. The first 3 channels on my list changed their broadcasting urls, so I changed the relevant lines on my list. And that messed up the epg in a very weird way. Channel 1 has the epg of channel 9, channel 2 the one of channel 8 and channel 3 the one of channel channel 6! Channels 6, 8 and 9 have their correct epgs though. I am posting the full m3u (with the irrelevant parts ommited) just in case someone has an idea. The broadcasting urls are on the blank lines.

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="ERT1.gr" tvg-logo=" ",ERT1

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="ERT2.gr" tvg-logo=" ",ERT2

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="ERT3.gr" tvg-logo=" ",ERT3

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="MegaTV.gr" tvg-logo=" ",MEGA

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Ant1.gr" tvg-logo=" ",ANT1

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="AlphaTV.gr" tvg-logo=" ",ALPHA

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="StarChannel.gr" tvg-logo=" ",STAR

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="SkaiTV.gr" tvg-logo=" ",SKAI

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="OpenBeyondTV.gr" tvg-logo=" ",OPEN TV

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="MakedoniaTV.gr" tvg-logo=" ",m.TV
And this is the epg url.
https://iptv-org.github.io/epg/guides/gr...gr.epg.xml
If you haven't solved already, try going to settings>>>>PVR and Live TV, then select clear data from the first heading 'General'.

Then do the same under the 'Guide' heading, ie clear data. Once done, the changes you made to your list will be loaded with the corresponding guide data ID. Kodi does not auto update the m3u file if you make changes to it. You have to clear the data and reload it, as detailed above.
I need to stop reading the forum from my phone because I forget to post back when I go to my pc Tongue

The first suggestion worked and I think I have used it once more in the past. The second (I think) had no effect because the first one loaded the epg too.
About kodi not auto updating the m3u file or epg. Doesn't it update it even after reboot (or relaunch) too? Because on every boot/launch I see kodi's notification about the epg being scrapped.

On top of that, the epg is broken again since yesterday. It starts from 20220531202500 and I am now waiting for time to pass to see if it will change again or catch up Big Grin
(2022-05-31, 09:02)jim_p Wrote: About kodi not auto updating the m3u file or epg. Doesn't it update it even after reboot (or relaunch) too? Because on every boot/launch I see kodi's notification about the epg being scrapped.
The notification you see when you relaunch Kodi is loading the channel and EPG data that currently exists in Kodi's DB. If you haven't cleared data as I described previously or deleted the actual DB file, Kodi will just load the old data (Or that's my understanding of how things work with all the PVR clients I've used with Kodi).

Basically, in order to refresh the Channel and EPG, clear the data for both or delete the EPG DB file.
Stupid question I know, but I have so much in my mind today that I am running out of brain cells Tongue

From this line of the epg
Code:
<channel id="ERT1.gr"><display-name>ERT 1</display-name><icon src=" "/><url> </url></channel>
the "display-name" parameter can be used as tvg-name on the m3u or only as the channel's name at the end of the line?
(2022-06-08, 14:42)jim_p Wrote: Stupid question I know, but I have so much in my mind today that I am running out of brain cells Tongue

From this line of the epg
Code:
<channel id="ERT1.gr"><display-name>ERT 1</display-name><icon src=" "/><url> </url></channel>
the "display-name" parameter can be used as tvg-name on the m3u or only as the channel's name at the end of the line?

- First it will check if the tvg-id matches the channel id, if no match:
- Then it will match the tvg-name to a display name, if no match:
- Then it will match the channel name to a display name

So yes to both, but in the order above. Channel id is always the safer thing to use.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I remember all that, but the channel ids have changed a few times in the last 10 days so I was left without epg for at least a day. It happened once for all the channels and 2-3 times for some of the channels. That is why I want to change channel ids with channel names, because editing the m3u every week is kinda annoying.
(2021-10-18, 23:30)phunkyfish Wrote: Tvg-name and channel-Id would be in 18. The xml.gz and epg in the M3U on 19 only.
Please forgive me for not following this. I tried an xml.gz file on kodi 18 and it worked! 
As usual, I had to change some tvg-ids to make it work, but some ids where in greek again, so I abandoned that epg too. But if you want, I can post a log that shows that the xml.gz file was loaded.

The above is not my current issue though. I decided to create a script that practically deletes the m3u and creates it fresh. The problem is that when kodi is launced, the m3u is not yet ready, so the addon sees no file, so it does not start and there is no tv option in kodi's main menu. If I restart kodi (libreelec, so kodi is a service that can be restarted without restarting the whole system), it works as it should because the file is already there
A few months ago, I remember seeing an option about adding a delay in the addon's start, but I can not find it anywhere. Is there such an option?
I am talking about kodi 19.4 with simple iptv 19.1.1.1.
(2022-07-21, 18:07)jim_p Wrote:
(2021-10-18, 23:30)phunkyfish Wrote: Tvg-name and channel-Id would be in 18. The xml.gz and epg in the M3U on 19 only.
Please forgive me for not following this. I tried an xml.gz file on kodi 18 and it worked! 
As usual, I had to change some tvg-ids to make it work, but some ids where in greek again, so I abandoned that epg too. But if you want, I can post a log that shows that the xml.gz file was loaded.

The above is not my current issue though. I decided to create a script that practically deletes the m3u and creates it fresh. The problem is that when kodi is launced, the m3u is not yet ready, so the addon sees no file, so it does not start and there is no tv option in kodi's main menu. If I restart kodi (libreelec, so kodi is a service that can be restarted without restarting the whole system), it works as it should because the file is already there
A few months ago, I remember seeing an option about adding a delay in the addon's start, but I can not find it anywhere. Is there such an option?
I am talking about kodi 19.4 with simple iptv 19.1.1.1.

If you just run your script in the LibreElec startup scriptlet then it should be finished before kodi starts up. Instructions: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/...p-shutdown

There is no option to delay the start of a PVR addon. You can set LibreElec to wait for network, you’ll find that in the LibreElec settings component. You might need this as well to get it all working.
Well, the network is up when kodi starts. And I do run my script via autostart.sh. I will add a 5 second sleep to see how it goes.

p.s. I can not find any proof in kodi's log that kodi 18 did load the xml.gz file Sad
(2022-07-21, 19:53)jim_p Wrote: Well, the network is up when kodi starts. And I do run my script via autostart.sh. I will add a 5 second sleep to see how it goes.

p.s. I can not find any proof in kodi's log that kodi 18 did load the xml.gz file Sad

Can you share the contents of your autostart script?
Sadly no Sad
But let's say that it's a single line (so far) that executes a shell script... that executes a python script. Something like that

Code:
{
/usr/bin/sh /storage/downloads/start.sh
sleep 5
}&
But the python script is the one that does all the job. The sleep part was added yesterday.

---edit
I forgot to say that the sleep part there did not solve the issue at all.
You need to put sleep command before all other commands to delay them. And don't use & because this will put all the commands in a block to background and kodi will start without any delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for epg in xml.gz format0