Bug Nasty bug prevent kodi play anything more than few seconds
Hi
I installed kodi 19.0 , kodi 19.1 ,kodi 19.2 & kodi 20 
All of them have bug that stopped playing media after few seconds!
and here is the debug  
https://paste.kodi.tv/tefapuwoje.kodi

My cpu is intel I7-10700K 
GPU is rtx 3070 zotac Nvidia driver 427.12
and 64GB ram 
OS is Win 11
BTW kodi 18.9 work without problems
(2021-10-11, 23:46)alazabe Wrote: All of them have bug that stopped playing media after few seconds!
Yep, we like doing that. Every now and then we push a "special" version to unsuspecting users with nice little bugs. Looks like you are one of them Smile
More likely there are problems with your setup, as I can see 4 potential problems in the few seconds I checked your log.

It could be a combination of all, or it could be one that is causing the issue.

First step is to disable your Emby addon and play your movie using a local Kodi setup- ie. let Kodi access the movie directly.
Do you still have problems? If yes, provide that as a Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-12, 00:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 23:46)alazabe Wrote: All of them have bug that stopped playing media after few seconds!
Yep, we like doing that. Every now and then we push a "special" version to unsuspecting users with nice little bugs. Looks like you are one of them Smile
More likely there are problems with your setup, as I can see 4 potential problems in the few seconds I checked your log.

It could be a combination of all, or it could be one that is causing the issue.

First step is to disable your Emby addon and play your movie using a local Kodi setup- ie. let Kodi access the movie directly.
Do you still have problems? If yes, provide that as a Debug Log.
LoL thanks for your Sense of humor

I did and it work without problems!

What it could it be ?

And why it work with the other pc without problems with the same setup but different CPU & GPU ?
(2021-10-12, 02:12)alazabe Wrote: I did and it work without problems!
Ok, great. Best thing to do is speak to the developer of the Emby addon and report the issue there - you can't play movies with emby addon, but you can when playing directly.

Before you do that though. Lets look at the other problems I spotted. They might be contributing

1. These settings do not look right. They seem too high. But I don't have much experience with it so it may be ok. Maybe delete this and test if it works without the file, or reduce to a reasonable amount, like 30 (seconds)
xml:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<curllowspeedtime>9999999</curllowspeedtime>
<curlclienttimeout>9999999</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

2. You say that you have a GPU is rtx 3070, but the playback is through UHD Graphics 630 adapter (line 503)

3. Is your TV also 3840x2160? For some reason your tv is showing up as both 3840x2160 and 1280x768

4. I think you have set the wrong audio driver. Do you have an AVR installed, or is audio running directly to the Panasonic TV?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-12, 02:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 02:12)alazabe Wrote: I did and it work without problems!
Ok, great. Best thing to do is speak to the developer of the Emby addon and report the issue there - you can't play movies with emby addon, but you can when playing directly.

Before you do that though. Lets look at the other problems I spotted. They might be contributing

1. These settings do not look right. They seem too high. But I don't have much experience with it so it may be ok. Maybe delete this and test if it works without the file, or reduce to a reasonable amount, like 30 (seconds)
xml:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<curllowspeedtime>9999999</curllowspeedtime>
<curlclienttimeout>9999999</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

2. You say that you have a GPU is rtx 3070, but the playback is through UHD Graphics 630 adapter (line 503)

3. Is your TV also 3840x2160? For some reason your tv is showing up as both 3840x2160 and 1280x768

4. I think you have set the wrong audio driver. Do you have an AVR installed, or is audio running directly to the Panasonic TV?
1: i will test that , but i didnt touch that so its the default one 

2:Yes my gpu is rtx 3070 dont know why it show it run through intel GPU !

3: Yes my tv is 4K and i did control it with my ipad streaming using splashtop app (Local file did work without problems)

4:Its run direct from the GPU to TV through HDMI NO AVR or anything !

I will try to disable the internal GPU and force the pc to use the nvidia GPU
(2021-10-12, 02:43)alazabe Wrote: 4:Its run direct from the GPU to TV through HDMI NO AVR or anything !
Ok, then it looks like you are using the wrong audio drivers.

First ensure audio is correctly set up in Windows. So you would expect to see the driver of whatever audio endpoint you are using, in this case Panasonic (in the image it is Denon AVR)

Once that is done, go into Kodi and select the correct driver using WASAPI
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio
My Signature
(2021-10-12, 02:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 02:43)alazabe Wrote: 4:Its run direct from the GPU to TV through HDMI NO AVR or anything !
Ok, then it looks like you are using the wrong audio drivers.

First ensure audio is correctly set up in Windows. So you would expect to see the driver of whatever audio endpoint you are using, in this case Panasonic (in the image it is Denon AVR)

Once that is done, go into Kodi and select the correct driver using WASAPI
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio

Still not working 😭
Ok, it is an Emby addon issue.
Looks like others have complained about the same issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364434
And while doing a search, came across other reported issues, such as missing ratings and missing certifications, missing top250, missing user ratings...

Best speak to the developer. I don't know if we even host the support for those addons on this forum. I did a quick search and found no thread for it. Best you ask where you downloaded the addon from, if they have a support forum there.
My Signature
(2021-10-11, 23:46)alazabe Wrote: OS is Win 11

Not exactly true because:
Quote:2021-10-12 00:35:40.312 T:3496 INFO <general>: Running on Windows 11 Dev, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.22471.1000

This is not Windows 11 RTM/final of 5 Oct. This is Dev ring = early alpha of next Windows 11 version (fall 2022)

Windows 11 is 10.0.22000.194 now
(2021-10-12, 10:10)jogal Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 23:46)alazabe Wrote: OS is Win 11

Not exactly true because:
Quote:2021-10-12 00:35:40.312 T:3496 INFO <general>: Running on Windows 11 Dev, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.22471.1000

This is not Windows 11 RTM/final of 5 Oct. This is Dev ring = early alpha of next Windows 11 version (fall 2022)

Windows 11 is 10.0.22000.194 now

Its clearly show on in the log its windows 11 Dev (So its Win 11)
BTW thats not the problem because i have another pc win 11 Dev the same version and it works with kodi 19.2!
And the same pc works fine with Kodi 18.9 Leia the problems with kodi 19 & kodi 20
I needed to upgrade to kodi 19 it will the future of kodi and every new addon will be based on python 3 !
The point is Windows 11 Dev is unstable and Kodi v20 is unstable....

And do you want everything to go well for everyday use?

The only bug here is that thread is flagged as "Bug"   Big Grin
(2021-10-12, 10:40)jogal Wrote: The point is Windows 11 Dev is unstable and Kodi v20 is unstable....

And do you want everything to go well for everyday use?

The only bug here is that thread is flagged as "Bug"   Big Grin

BTW i tried kodi 19.0 & kodi 19.2 
the problem was there with Win 10 before i upgraded to win 11
I upgraded to win 11 just to fix the problem with kodi !
You might ask you update to win 11 dev ? Because i didnt receive the win 11 upgrade and the other pc have win 11 dev and it work without problems
(2021-10-12, 10:56)alazabe Wrote: Because i didnt receive the win 11 upgrade

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software.../windows11

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nasty bug prevent kodi play anything more than few seconds0