Excluding a filetype
I have my music all ripped as FLAC, then converted to MP3 and stored on my NAS

so a typical file path is Sorted\I-P\New Fast Automatic Daffodils\Pigeonhole for the FLAC and Sorted\I-P\New Fast Automatic Daffodils\Pigeonhole\MP3 for the MP3

i saw it is possible to exclude types;

<musicextensions>
<add>.ex1|.ex2</add>
<remove>.ex3|.ex4</remove>
</musicextensions>

i tried to do it like this to have only the mp3 files imported but it didn't work.  the library still showed both.

<musicextensions>
  <remove>.flac</remove>
</musicextensions>

can someone educate me what i did wrong and what i should be doing?

thank you, i appreciate it, and apologise if this question has been asked many times.  i did search through the threads but couldn't see an answer

stay safe folks
Check your kodi log file, if you made any typos in the advancedsettings.xml file it will not load correctly.
Sorry but why add anything to the library that u don't want to see in the library?

Just add: Sorted\I-P\New Fast Automatic Daffodils\Pigeonhole\MP3

Maybe the files are in the same directory, as your example they are not.
I don't think that Advanced Setting can remove anything that has been already added, I think they need to be prevented from being added when the Library is created. In which case it maybe the excludefromscan under the audio section, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#audio

There is a excludefromlisting setting there also, but from description that suggests it only hides files in the files view. However could be worth a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excluding a filetype0