Solved Remote Media Source WebDAV for Multiple Profiles: How to Speed ​​Up Library Scanning
I found a completely remote solution to manage different profiles that can be accessed from any location with any device to watch movies and TV series (which are located on Google Drive).
I have purchased a Hosting space to be able to create MySQL Databases for different users: each user has his own profile with his own Database.

I use Carlos Guzman's Google Drive plugin to display the videos, but I generate the STRM files myself with a Google script created ad hoc, which every day checks if I have added new movies and TV series and generates the STRM files on the Hosting space that Kodi connects to as a WebDAV source.

So the benefit is a single source for everyone and each profile with their own views.
Of course it would have been better to have only one database, but at the moment, to my knowledge, it is not possible to have customized views for each profile with only one database.

The problem is that when I update the library, whether I have added new content, or if no new content has been added, the time it takes is a lot: from 20 to 40 minutes for about 370 films and 54 TV series (2330 episodes)
I analyzed the log and noticed that every movie and episode is analyzed. I noticed that a lot of time is lost in the scan on CurlFile :: Open (0x7ffc4b317de0), almost 1 second.
Is it normal that every file is analyzed with WebDav?
I also have a profile that connects to NAS via NFS and folders that have not changed are skipped from the scan and library update is much faster (about 2-3 minutes)

Do you have any solutions to speed up the library scanning process?
Alternatively I could remotely launch the library update via cURL, but I can only do it with the currently active profile library, I would need to do it for all profiles. Was there a way?
(2021-10-22, 17:27)Andreus Wrote: Do you have any solutions to speed up the library scanning process?

A remote hosting space for your database is not the quickest solution IMO. Just put your database server+files on computer with gigabit and a SSD (even a RPi4 will do), and there will be no speed problems there. The current scrapers are quite new, and do need some more optimization. Of course, a decent internet connection always helps.

A new movie collection that requires scraping can take up some time. Any subsequent scraping for any type of reason can be sped quite a bit when a Video LibreELEC export was (using separate nfo files) done prior to the rescraping.
(2021-10-22, 17:38)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 17:27)Andreus Wrote: Do you have any solutions to speed up the library scanning process?

A remote hosting space for your database is not the quickest solution IMO. Just put your database server+files on computer with gigabit and a SSD (even a RPi4 will do), and there will be no speed problems there. The current scrapers are quite new, and do need some more optimization. Of course, a decent internet connection always helps.

A new movie collection that requires scraping can take up some time. Any subsequent scraping for any type of reason can be sped quite a bit when a Video LibreELEC export was (using separate nfo files) done prior to the rescraping.

Thanks for the reply. The remote hosting space is used only for the Databases and to contain the STRM files that redirect to Google Drive and occupy a few bytes. Playback of the movies is excellent.
Not a Scraping problem, Scraping is pretty fast too. The problem is that the scan is slow even though there is nothing to scrape.
I have found a solution.
I found a headless version of Kodi that runs on Docker. I've created a Docker container for each Kodi profile and scheduled a cURL call to update the library every day.

In this way there is no longer the problem of slow library scanning, because it is performed automatically by the server and each user can use Kodi where he wants and how he wants, taking advantage of the Google Drive transcoding if the connection is slow.

At the moment everything seems to be working very well.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Media Source WebDAV for Multiple Profiles: How to Speed ​​Up Library Scanning0