Best Kodi package to download for recording TV channel MY5 ?
Question 
Hi ALL,
I am New to Kodi so please excuse my simplistic approach to my questions.
I want to be able to watch and record from TV channel MY5 in the UK.
I want more tv channels but that is my primary reason for looking at Kodi.
Can I download A Kodi package that has Kodi and all the necessary add-ons built into the installation package?
I would guess I need to add a EPG and PVR  to get this to work ?
I have never set Kodi up before so am trying to make it as easy as possible for myself.
Thank You
If you're prepared to purchase a tuner card/USB that works with Freeview (and you have an aerial) or Freesat (and you have a suitable dish - modern Sky ones won't do) you can use a free Kodi PVR add-on like NextPVR to connect your tuner to Kodi which gives you free EPG for all Freeview/Freesat channels and the ability to record from any of the channels from within Kodi.

Andy
This windows support forum is best used for users that are having issues with Microsoft Windows. You can check our > Support > Tips, tricks, and step by step guides or the PVR (wiki) wiki guides. It's likely you will need some sort of hardware tuner to pick up various channels through cable or over the air. Kodi does support add-ons https://kodi.tv/addons/ and with that said, I hope you have read our Add-on rules (wiki) and noted the link to 'caution' add-ons you install in my footnote. At this time, there is no 'package' available that simplifies a TV set-up. Try a few add-ons and see if this is the direction you want/expect https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/

I'll move this thread to PVR & Live TV Support.
Thank you for your assistance,
AndyHenderson & PatK.
If I can't do what i wanted with Kodi alone,
I shall shelve the idea and go back to my original option
and link a  VU+ Uno 4K SE 1x DVB-S2X FBC (8 demodulators) Twin Tuner UHD 4K
to my Windows PC.
This will be the more successful option!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi package to download for recording TV channel MY5 ?0