Solved Sort albums by actual release date
Hi all,

something I have been trying for quite some time now and it is starting to bug me just a bit... I am trying to create a filter that shows me albums from a specific source or library path sorted by actual release date and nothing else. The result is supposed to show me the albums from newest to oldest with no further grouping. I have tried the following filter for my node:
xml:
    <content>albums</content>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="source" operator="is">
        <value>Audiobooks</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">year</order>
The result however groups the albums by artists but adding <group>none</group> doesn't help either, the albums are still arranged by artists and only the order of the artist changes.

So now I am wondering wether it is possible to achieve what I want? I suspect that a) it is somehow hardcoded to group the results by artists and b) order by year does not use the tag with the full date (i.e. 2021-11-22) but only the tag with the year? Because all of my albums are propberly tagged when it comes to release dates having year, releasedate and where original year in the tags.

I'd really love to have a filter like this for my audiobooks so hopefully someone here is able to share at least a few thoughts and comments wether this is possible or not. Thanks!
Ah, sorry for the thread title, it was supposed to say "Sort albums by actual release date". And it seems like there is no option to edit...
(2021-11-22, 16:28)leschranz Wrote: And it seems like there is no option to edit...

Not yet, as you are still a new forum user. Because of that, certain anti-spam measures are still active. Those will vanish in due time.
I have edited your thread title in the meantime.
(2021-11-22, 16:58)Klojum Wrote: Not yet, as you are still a new forum user.

Somehow I thought that might be the case and it's totally understandable. And thanks for correcting the title!
Okay, I have solved the problem! The most important part is to disable "Use original release date of albums for year" in the Media->Music settings and afterwards you can filter by original date und the result is exactly what I was looking for.

I can't remember why I enabled that option (or when) but I'm glad I remembered it's existence.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort albums by actual release date0