Android Large 4K videos keep stopping every few seconds with "low read rate"
Generally, highly compressed 4K videos like the kind from Youtube play fine from my LAN (Windows SMB share), but large files such as old 4K HDR demos don't.  They keep stopping every few seconds with the timer spinning and eventually popping up a message about "low read rate".  The Windows machine is on wired Ethernet LAN while my 2 Kodi boxes are an Onn 4K Android TV box and a Fire TV Stick 4K Max, both running 19.3.  Both behave identically.  Router is an Asus RT-AC3100.

It's not terribly important that I make them work since I don't watch demo videos often, but I wonder what might be causing the issue and if it's possible to make them work.  An example is a .ts file with a 66892kbps bitrate (1m 35s length and approx 780MB file size).  I would normally assume the network can't keep up, but 66892kbps is just 65Mbps or 8MB/s.  I feel like AC wireless should have no issues with that, and one of them is very close to the router so I don't feel like low signal is an issue.  I've tried changing advancedsettings.xml  buffermode to 4, but that didn't make any difference, and also doubling memorysize to 41943040, but that didn't make any difference either.

Thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large 4K videos keep stopping every few seconds with "low read rate"0