Scraper + NFO files
First off, I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong forum, and my question may be a dumb one because I can't seem to understand setting a scraper, while the same path has NFO files. I ask this because today I was adding some of my TV Series to a path. So, for example - I have 20 TV Series in my TV10 path, but out of those 20, I had 8 using NFO files, so what I did was, I chose TVDB Shows as the "Set Content" path scraper, but did not perform a scan until I selected "Local NFO files" for the series that use NFO files. I repeated this pain staking process throughout the day. Once I was completed I cleaned the library, rebooted and I noticed that LE hung for quite some time waiting for the network, then it loaded the Main Menu, but then asked me if I wanted to delete the paths on my Movies 1 (CIFS) path. Now, this is not a Linux question, even though I have no clue where the mounted path vanished to. I tried reloading the path  systemctl enable storage-movies.mount, but that didn't work. What I am trying to figure out is, did I corrupt the DB using the method of adding/scraping the files as mentioned above?

Also, what I am trying to find out is that if I have for example TheTVDB scraper set as the main scraper, would KODI pickup the NFO files in the series that uses them automatically?

Thank you in advance.

Shedrock
From what I've been told (and I may be misinterpreting what I was told), is that Kodi will prioritise local NFO files over online information irrespective of which scraper is used. So if you have local NFOs, the information will be used from them for the item to which they are linked, and content that lacks NFO files will be scraped normally via retrieving the missing information from online.

As I say, I may of understood this incorrectly, but that is the methodology I believe is in use. The 'Local Info Only' scraper simply forces this for all items, NFOs or otherwise - which would mean no NFO for an item? No scraping of that item to the library.

EDIT: Bear in mind, if you have 'TheTMDB-Helper' script installed, by default it starts gathering information after a library update. It does not however put up any form of infodialog popup to make you aware of the fact that it's doing this. So attempting to exit Kodi immediately after a massive scan will likely result in a 'freeze' effect going on because TheTMDB-Helper script is still 'gathering information' in the background, and Kodi cannot seem to force it to stop. Kodi will exit as normal once the script finishes, but of course, the length of time that takes will depend on how much content you added during the preceeding update.

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-04, 04:56)gibxxi Wrote: From what I've been told (and I may be misinterpreting what I was told), is that Kodi will prioritise local NFO files over online information irrespective of which scraper is used.
You're absolutely right. The Wiki reads: Regardless of what settings you have set for the source and scraper, Kodi will always search for and scan the nfo file first where available.

I think maybe I corrupted my LE DB because of what I was doing, unnecessarily I might add, but I will probably try to blow away the DB files and see if my Movies 1 path returns. Anyway, thank you for your assistance. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
No problem.

Assuming yo DO have NFOs for most of your content, and they were exported from within kodi and not generated by some 3rd-party app/tool, the scraping, or should I say 're-scraping' ought to proceed a lot faster than without those NFOs, as it no longer needs to use your weakest link (network / internet connection) to get the data. Just be sure that the NFO files you do have, are compatible and in a format/structure that the version of Kodi your using expects, and you should be back up & running fairly quickly.

Oh and if you are doing a mass library update and/or wish to exit straight after and/or do have TheTMDB-Helper script installed, you can always temporarily disable it to do the scan. While it comes under 'program' addons, it doesn't seem to get listed as such in the addons browser for some strange reason (I can only ever find it under 'all addons' - at least when it's been disabled and I wish to re-enable it).

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-04, 05:35)gibxxi Wrote: Assuming yo DO have NFOs for most of your content, and they were exported from within kodi and not generated by some 3rd-party app/tool, the scraping,
I use TMM, and it seems to work perfectly. I managed to get all 3,800 movies done using TMM. As for the TV Shows, I only add NFO files to "Ended" series. It is way too much work to keep the ongoing TV Series up-to-date, and that's mainly because I have 46 hard drives across 2 servers. I am however trying to get it all organized to have the majority of the ongoing series on a few drives, as opposed to being scattered all over the place. That's a pain staking task in itself on a 10mb LAN using Windows 7. Big Grin

Shedrock
TMM is a good app. I stopped using it over it's insistance on using the term 'Season 00' with no option to choose something else, for special episode folders which is incompatible with the naming structure Sonarr likes to use (Specials). But I would expect TMM to be compliant with the Kodi expected NFO structure.

Constantly updating NFOs for 'in-progress' TV shows is a PITA, for sure. One thing you can do though, if you export direct from Kodi, is to say 'no' when it asks you if you wish to overwrite old files, which will then mean it ignores pre-existing NFO files, thus making the export much shorter in duration.

Wink

Dan / Gib.
* wrong thread *

Smile

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-04, 20:27)gibxxi Wrote: TMM is a good app. I stopped using it over it's insistance on using the term 'Season 00'
Oh man, I just discovered that on the TV Show Africa (2013). I wish I knew this before I purchased it. Devil  Did you ask them to add the feature to TMM over on Reddit?

Shedrock
I mentioned it *years* ago. Back at the 2.0-3.0 era. Nothing was ever done. Got sick of waiting. I first attempted to 'get around' it by just using TMM for movies and/or not using the 'rename' functionality on TV shows. But at the end of the day, I just found it to be largely redundant with the likes of Sonarr (and it's companion apps) that do just as good a job of organizing Movies / TV Shows / Music as TMM, with less headaches and/or confusing options to cater to every edge-case known to man (lol).

Besides, the scrapers TMM uses, are pointing at exactly the same sources Kodi uses in it's built-in scrapers anyway. So really, the only thing it's useful for is renaming (assuming your filenames aren't already accurate with what Kodi expects to see).

Smile

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-05, 01:45)gibxxi Wrote: I mentioned it *years* ago. Back at the 2.0-3.0 era. Nothing was ever done.
That probably still holds true today with them. Anyway, I just tested Sonarr's Metadata feature on an episode, but it lacks a lot of detail compared to TMM. I'm not sure if Sonarr v.3 writes more details, because I am still on v.2. Although, I've not checked it in Kodi. I'll probably do some research into that tomorrow. It would have been great if Sonarr allowed you to create Metadata on a per episode/series basis, instead of writing it for every TV Series/episode.

Again, thanks for the info
Just to be clear, I don't use the metadata scraping aspect of Sonarr for that reason. What I use it for is standardising folder/file naming and structure, ensuring I have the right show, the assigned quality, and what episodes I may be missing. I let Kodi fetch the metadata (artwork & info) during scraping/library updates, then do an NFO export across the entire video library, ensuring to select 'NO' when asked if I wish to export artwork & thumbs (Artwork Dump should already be doing this), and 'NO' again, when asked if I wish to over-write existing NFOs, which means after the inital export, subsequent exports (using the same methodology) are much quicker.

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-06, 00:25)gibxxi Wrote: Just to be clear, I don't use the metadata scraping aspect of Sonarr for that reason. What I use it for is standardising folder/file naming and structure, ensuring I have the right show, the assigned quality, and what episodes I may be missing.
Got it. Thanks Dan.

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper + NFO files0