Matrix release main menu issues when using TVShows or Movies
In the past releases when I selected TVShows or Movies I would go directly into the content.  Now I am presented with an additional menu with items like Genres, Titles, Years, Actors, Studios and Tags.  I don't want that menu, how can I bypass it and get directly to the content?  I use the default skin.  No add-ons.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
You probably have disabled the menu widgets in the main menu settings.
(2021-12-13, 17:10)Klojum Wrote: You probably have disabled the menu widgets in the main menu settings.
You are correct, it was called category widgets.  It seems backwards to me, if you want those options like Actors, Studios, Years wouldn't you want that on?  How does turning it off make sense then to get rid of that menu?
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
(2021-12-13, 17:51)gquiring Wrote: How does turning it off make sense then to get rid of that menu?

I don't have an answer for that. Alternatively you could "hack" the widgets row out of the skin if you don't want it on on the home screen. With the widget setting that intermediate selection screen can be circumvented.
(2021-12-13, 17:58)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-12-13, 17:51)gquiring Wrote: How does turning it off make sense then to get rid of that menu?

I don't have an answer for that. Alternatively you could "hack" the widgets row out of the skin if you don't want it on on the home screen. With the widget setting that intermediate selection screen can be circumvented.
You got the solution.  I turned it ON which removed the menu options.  But I don't understand the terminology.  Turning it OFF should remove the options.
(2021-12-13, 18:05)gquiring Wrote: Turning it OFF should remove the options.

That's why IMO consistency in menus is important. Sometimes options are enabled by default and must be turned off, or they are disabled and can be set to on. The accompanying menu text needs to be clear on what is the chosen approach on that. If these two types are mixed, menu structures will become confusing. It sounds easy to do, it not always is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix release main menu issues when using TVShows or Movies0