Browsing Kodi database on Android 4.4.4
I just got an Android projector, and would love to have Kodi on it so it could connect to my other Kodi's HD and play video. I couldn't find Kodi in the appstore on the proector, and I'm guessing Kodi doesn't work on such an old Android. What are my choices for browsing and selecting movies on the Android projector? Thanks!
(2021-12-17, 00:58)RChadwick Wrote: I couldn't find Kodi in the appstore on the proector, and I'm guessing Kodi doesn't work on such an old Android.
That is correct.

(2021-12-17, 00:58)RChadwick Wrote: What are my choices for browsing and selecting movies on the Android projector?
Use an external player via HDMI (probably) such as a Raspberry Pi 3 or 4, depending on your source material.
Thanks for the response!

My main Kodi box is an Odroid C4 connected to a USB drive. While I'm sure I could plug the projector into the C4, I was hoping there might be a possibility of using the projector wirelessly. Better yet, select the file through the network and play it. I was just hoping there might be a version of Kodi, or something else that would make browsing for movies easy on Android 4.4.4.
I have no idea what the old Android projector is capable of. Network files access (SMBv1) and video play wirelessly will depend on its available Android apps. An RPi4 can do pretty good with the correct wireless setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing Kodi database on Android 4.4.40