Win Skipping Commercials
Hi, I'm trying to understand how commercial skipping occurs in Kodi. 
Am I correct in that Kodi looks for the EDL files in the same folder as the recorded TV file ?
Does Kodi need an Add-on for commercial skipping to work ?

I installed Comskip some time ago and it works intermittently.  Am I right in that Comskip works in conjunction of NextPVR to create the EDL file and that there is no association between Comskip and Kodi ?

I tried to upgrade my Comskip app but it appears that the last version was released in 2019. 
The Forum link for Comskip is dead.
Is it still supported ?

Is there an alternative I can use for commercial skipping ?

Erick
In PVR EDL support is via a Kodi PVR API used in pvr.nextpvr.  If the NextPVR backend finds the EDL file in the folder with the recording then the backing will respond to the API call.  No additional addon is required. 

You do need to configure NextPVR to run comskip in PostProcessing or ParallelProcessing batch or shell scripts.  If you want them on cancelled recordings too you would also need to update the PostCancel script   That can be a one liner  or as complicated a process as you'd like (ignore channels, queuing for overnight etc).  If you have questions then post on the NextPVR forum.

If you don't want to build your own from github the current comskip.org 2019 version for Windows still works very well.

Martin
I've used Comskip with NextPVR for a long time and it works very well. I'm using comskip82_010_donators.zip which is from 2019.

I use the NextPVR PostProcessing option. Comskip completes creating the edl file a few minutes (5-10) after the recording completes.

The NextPVR data directory to use for Win10 is: C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts
I created one file called PostProcessing.bat with the following contents.
@echo off
cd /d "C:\comskip"
comskip %1

Make sure comskip.ini is configured with the correct options. One gotcha for me was to set edl_skip_field=3   which tells Kodi to treat the skips as commercials.

Happy to help if you have any issues.

Scott
Actually pvr.nextpvr forces type 3 (PVR_EDL_TYPE_COMBREAK)  because of the many user issues with the default.   If you play recordings via the Video library and not in PVR you would see the issue.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping Commercials0