• 2(current)
Mod EstuaryPVR+ Skin MOD (Matrix)
Hello Dumyat, your skin looks really great. Thank you very much for this beautiful skin.
@Angelinas 
I downloaded the updated SHS, which is definitely working on Windows, as fetching artwork for 'On-Now' programmes is visibly faster.
For 'Next-Up' artwork I added the new line item and enabled 'Google Art' in the SHS settings, but not getting artwork returned.
Have tried a few variations of code, but still nothing at the moment  Confused
(2022-01-10, 22:52)Dumyat Wrote: @Angelinas 
I downloaded the updated SHS, which is definitely working on Windows, as fetching artwork for 'On-Now' programmes is visibly faster.
For 'Next-Up' artwork I added the new line item and enabled 'Google Art' in the SHS settings, but not getting artwork returned.
Have tried a few variations of code, but still nothing at the moment  Confused
just for test I change this line
https://github.com/SplitEnz/skin.estuary...s.xml#L901
in
Code:
    <variable name="NextPVRPoster_Local_Artwork_Var">
        <value>$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.NextTitle)]</value>    
    </variable>
Still working Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
@Angelinas 
Think I know the issue. Current version of metadatautils on the GitHub is 1.0.45.
My version is 1.0.35..... Blush
Will update and hope that fixes the issue Wink

Update: Back in Business. Google images now working for 'NextUp' items as well as any 'Local NextUp Artwork'.
Download link for my local PVR artwork directory has been updated with new artwork additions for the past 7 days.
You can get the download link from this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3079501
Size (9.89GB)

Rather than updating weekly, I will try and remember to update the link on a monthly basis in future for those who are interested.
Support for animated posters on the Live TV section (Local PVR artwork only) just added to latest master.
Just drop the animated poster.gif file into a programme folder that exists within your local artwork directory.

Options to disable this artwork type completely or just on the Live TV OSD available via the skin settings.

Honestly this looks like the only skin you'll ever need if you use Kodi mostly for PVR... I tried pretty much every skin that's ever been published on this forum, and despite all the bells and whistles they have, every single one of them is lacking something in PVR section, either it doesn't show channel numbers or it doesn't show channel numbers on TV as you press them on the remote, or they don't show channel name in the OSD etc etc, seems like skin developers just don't care about PVR all that much... This has everything, and with a little bit of polishing it can easily become THE skin for PVR
Nice work! Many nice improvements, just a few suggestions:

- Recordings artwork is not showing in home screen, though it's there in Estuary skin, how can I enable that?
- Wish if there was an option to change the order of TV widgets, as I'd prefer to have the last played channels on top.
- An option to show program artwork instead of channel logo under last played channels would be great.
-Wish if there was an option to keep the original Estuary style Genre colors in EPG.

Thanks for your effort!
(2022-01-19, 20:36)gurdumim Wrote: Honestly this looks like the only skin you'll ever need if you use Kodi mostly for PVR... I tried pretty much every skin that's ever been published on this forum, and despite all the bells and whistles they have, every single one of them is lacking something in PVR section, either it doesn't show channel numbers or it doesn't show channel numbers on TV as you press them on the remote, or they don't show channel name in the OSD etc etc, seems like skin developers just don't care about PVR all that much... This has everything, and with a little bit of polishing it can easily become THE skin for PVR
Thanks for the kind words.
You've completely hit the nail on the head, as the PVR side remains my main usage point for Kodi on a daily basis. 
I don't think it's really a case that skin developers don't care about the PVR side, but probably more likely some just don't use Kodi for watching Live TV or maybe don't have the hardware to set-up Live TV. That's certainly been the case in the past, when I've made feature requests for certain skins. Developing something new is going to be more problematic if you are only working with a demo PVR client and unable to fully test things out. And yeah, I guess some developers are just not interested in Live TV as well.
I personally couldn't do with Live TV on my Kodi set-up, hence the reason I've directed so much of my effort into this specific area.  Wink
Yep, still a few blips to clean up and fix, but in the most part everything works well.
(2022-01-20, 03:56)psbguy Wrote: Nice work! Many nice improvements, just a few suggestions:

- Recordings artwork is not showing in home screen, though it's there in Estuary skin, how can I enable that?
- Wish if there was an option to change the order of TV widgets, as I'd prefer to have the last played channels on top.
- An option to show program artwork instead of channel logo under last played channels would be great.
-Wish if there was an option to keep the original Estuary style Genre colors in EPG.

Thanks for your effort!
Many thanks for the compliments and suggestions.
In the same order you asked:-
1) What type of artwork do you see on the default version of Estuary? What backend server are you using to get your recording artwork? Is this image auto generated by your backend?

2) I can't remember the last time I even used the 'Last Played Channels' widget, hence why I relegated it to being the last widget. I do use the 'Recent Recordings' widget often, hence why I put it at the top. However, there might be way for me create a switch in the settings to swap the positions around to suit users own preference. I will check it out, but in the interim I've pushed the 'Last Played Channels' to be the 2nd widget on the latest master.

3) I've thought of this myself in the past. The main issue is artwork coming from the backend. Some backends might provide poster format and others providing fanart/landscape format. Unfortunately, there is only 1 info label available in Kodi currently to cover all PVR artwork coming from the backend. I'm not even sure if that label works on the PVR home screen. I'll check it out. 

4) Yep, if you are meaning the solid block genre colours, should be possible to offer an option for that in the skin settings.
Nice work !
also for me the use of the pvr and epg are important, I use kodi to watch live tv every day.
just a suggestion, with the epg that already have all the information and posters, why not take full advantage of this potential ?
With Kodi 19.3 I have seen that with json using 

PVR.GetChannelDetails

you have all the now and next informations of the channel you are watching (broadcastnext + broadcastnow)
This way you don't need to save the posters manually, and you have all the info.

Thank's for your job
(2022-01-20, 21:21)Dumyat Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 03:56)psbguy Wrote: Nice work! Many nice improvements, just a few suggestions:

Thanks for your effort!
1) What type of artwork do you see on the default version of Estuary? What backend server are you using to get your recording artwork? Is this image auto generated by your backend?

2) I can't remember the last time I even used the 'Last Played Channels' widget, hence why I relegated it to being the last widget. I do use the 'Recent Recordings' widget often, hence why I put it at the top. However, there might be way for me create a switch in the settings to swap the positions around to suit users own preference. I will check it out, but in the interim I've pushed the 'Last Played Channels' to be the 2nd widget on the latest master.

3) I've thought of this myself in the past. The main issue is artwork coming from the backend. Some backends might provide poster format and others providing fanart/landscape format. Unfortunately, there is only 1 info label available in Kodi currently to cover all PVR artwork coming from the backend. I'm not even sure if that label works on the PVR home screen. I'll check it out. 

4) Yep, if you are meaning the solid block genre colours, should be possible to offer an option for that in the skin settings.

I'm using NextPVR as backend server, and the artwork is auto generated in EPG and recordings. The artwork coming from the backend is in poster format, but I think you might be able to give the option to either have it in poster or landscape format, this has been previously done in Unfussy skin, but it would be great to have it in Estuary, as it's my favorite skin.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this.
Hi @Datalife 
Any suggestion that will potentially do away with the need save artwork manually is very much welcome!  
The original reason for going down this path was that my own backend does not provide any PVR artwork. I wanted some kind of solution where I could actually define the actual artwork type against the programme title for 'On Now' and 'Up Next' items. 

I certainly need to read up on Wiki and educate myself more on what you are suggesting to fully understand and appreciate the idea. Wink
(2022-01-20, 22:00)psbguy Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 21:21)Dumyat Wrote:

Thanks for your effort!

I'm using NextPVR as backend server, and the artwork is auto generated in EPG and recordings. The artwork coming from the backend is in poster format, but I think you might be able to give the option to either have it in poster or landscape format, this has been previously done in Unfussy skin, but it would be great to have it in Estuary, as it's my favorite skin.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this.
Yeah, think this something I overlooked.
I remember checking last year to see if recordings in Kodi now auto generated artwork and I thought the feedback was it didn't, hence the reason for making the widget local artwork. However, upon checking the post again today I can see that some backend do seem to produce an auto-generated thumb and some don't.....Mine doesn't.
What I have done is made the default recording widget exactly the same as the regular version of Estuary, but also added a switch in the settings for those users wanting to display local landscape artwork (like myself). I will push the update shortly. Let me know if the recording artwork returns for you on the home page.
(2022-01-20, 22:00)psbguy Wrote: I'm using NextPVR as backend server, and the artwork is auto generated in EPG and recordings. The artwork coming from the backend is in poster format, but I think you might be able to give the option to either have it in poster or landscape format, this has been previously done in Unfussy skin, but it would be great to have it in Estuary, as it's my favorite skin.

NextPVR can provide the guide "icon" in one user selectable format poster or landscape, since the EPG API only defines one, and Estuary shows it in a square.  The Recording API can have both.

I don't know if it matter for this addon, but this art is cached the texture cache from both the EPG and recordings.

Martin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EstuaryPVR+ Skin MOD (Matrix)0