Bug Image Resource Selection Script Addon wont show installed weather artwork
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Kodi. I set it up on an old Mac Mini running Arch, and I'm using Kodi v19.3-2 according to pacman. I've installed only 1 addon: Multiweather (not including the Image Resource Select addon). I'm just trying to change the weather icons.

Currently the settings I'm working with are under Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure skin... > Artwork > Choose weather fanart pack

The issue is the "Choose weather fanart pack" option doesn't show any of the installed weather artwork packs and I've tried almost all of them. Strangely enough, the "Choose skin fanart pack" option works flawlessly, I'm able to add Metrocity easily. I'm assuming they're working off the same Image Resource Select Addon that it prompted me to install, so I thought the issue would be with the packs being installed to the incorrect directory or something like that... but after reading through the source I'm not sure how the python xbmc module actually finds/stores addons, it looks like the script just requests to see the installed addons, so the issue might be with xbmc (unless I'm missing something!). I tried running some of those commands in python to see if I could do a little debugging manually, but for some reason the xbmc module(s) weren't being found. At that point I realized that there might be someone out there who has already dealt with this or at least knows more than me with regard to debugging xbmc and can steer me in a direction before I jump down the rabbit hole.

Is there any more info I can provide to help diagnose this or does someone know what might be causing this issue? Any suggestions for where to look next would be appreciated, thanks for your help.
Two things...

- @ronie , your name is attached to this add-on
- Arch isn't a particularly overall supported OS by us, but add-ons should work.
double-check if your weather fanart packs are installed properly, they should show up here:
Settings > Add-ons > My Add-ons > Look and feel > Image collections

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well the good news is there's no bug in the Image Resource Select addon... sorry @ronie! Thank you for helping me troubleshoot that. I noticed in your screenshot all of the examples were labelled fanart... and realized I had confused Weather Icons with fanart. Fanart shows up as expected when it is installed in the addon. My issue now is that I cannot figure out how to enable a Weather Icons pack. There's an enable/disable listed on every Weather Icons addon. I've installed each one in turn (so that only one is ever enabled) but sadly the default icons still show up in the main menu, even following restarts for each addon. Am I missing something? I've added imgur links, not sure why they're previewing as X's so I've just added them as links.

Main Menu

Default Icons Addon Settings

Animated Icons Addon Settings
I figure it might be a good idea to include the weather app I'm using, which is multiweather.
(2022-01-02, 20:03)devnullo Wrote: Am I missing something?

Nope, the Estuary skin simply does not support changing the weather icons.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah I see, thanks for letting me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image Resource Selection Script Addon wont show installed weather artwork0