Looking for skinning talent
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a skilled skinner or Team Kodi member with free time that can take on a side project. I will compensate financially in exchange for your time invested diving through code and picking up the torch so to speak.
It is purely a skinning project that will be in a public repository.
I'm currently working with a team of people on a different project and we've been busy and it's gonna be something really special, but I can handle 1 more person to pick up coding on this other project. 
Thanks for taking a minute of your time and if interested please PM me and I can fill you in on all the details.
Just in case, I'll add what im willing to disclose publicly. 
In November I jumped on these forums looking for skinning talent much the same way I did in this thread. I ended up in contact with bsoriano and Manfeed, who together began working with me to resurrect an old XBMC skin called "JX720" which was a skin abandoned back in 2011/2012 (and that skin was deeply inspired by Team Blackbolt's MC360 for XBMC, released back in 2006).
We began work in December on this project dubbed "TetradUI" and the idea is to do all the work necessary to bring the JX720 skin forward from where it was left off back in the days of XBMC Eden. 
We have as a team done loads of work already including all the changes needed bringing it in line with a frodo skin, including the PVR stuff. Also the skins code is being converted from 720 native to 1080 native. Eventually the skin will be released with all the features you'd expect from modern Kodi including PVR and games support and it will all eventually be all-new textures too. Its been a pleasure working with those guys and the project is moving along nicely. Even half of the UI sounds have been remade and packaged as a UI sounds addon inspired by the sounds of Team Blackbolt's MC360. 
Call it a passion project if you will, I have nothing to gain from its development except the joy of just having it for myself (which I would pay stupid money to have that experience again) and I know that ultimately it will be a joy for others when it eventually gets a public release (which will be something I cant put a price tag on). Team Blackbolt was well known for the work they put into the XBMC/Kodi skinning community for many many years and one of their other projects was called "Ellipsis". Unfortunately Blackbolt is no longer involved with the skinning community, and although I have heard (from this forum) that Blackbolt passed on I can confirm that is NOT the case.
I have VERY fond memories of both MC360 and Ellipsis and it saddens me that those skins are just falling deeper and deeper into the abyss of history. Of course something is being done about one of those projects but Ellipsis deserves it too. With all of this weighing heavy on my mind I feel a certain obligation to bring it all back. I dont have the programming talent to do this myself but I would like to motivate the right people to make it happen. Just like how TetradUI will be a gift to the community I feel its necessary to do the same for this other project. All I can say is I know it seems strange but I'm passionate about this and it must be done. 

Maybe YOU have been around for a long time and also share fond memories of these projects, Ellipsis specifically.
If you are interested in giving back to the Kodi skinning community by taking this project on I am ready and willing to offer financial compensation in return.

And if you need more info, not sure what more I can provide but I can give it a shot. Just PM me.

HERE is the repository, a fork of Ellipsis that has had ZERO work done since the parent project was abandoned in 2016.
HERE is a youtube video of Ellipsis (low res). I wish there was something better out there to showcase the skin but it's the best i've found.

Thanks for your consideration,
-Benjamin
I appreciate everyone that reached out. I now have the help I requested and with enough time I believe that with the talent we have on TeamUI, both of these projects will live on to see another day.
If anyone has contact info for Team Blackbolt member EqUiNoX, please point him to this thread, or PM me details. I know thats unlikely to happen but it would be great to get in contact with anyone formerly representing that team.

Have a great day everyone and Happy New Year!
-Benjamin
Hi, about to reach out to you in a PM.

EqUiNoX
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
(2023-07-24, 03:43)EqUiNoX Wrote: EqUiNoX

Please note that links in your forum signature are outdated.
Hello My name is Cobra, I would just like to say, I'm not a expert skinner
But I've made some prity good Themes and if it's ok I would like to try and help you out if that's ok with you plz ?
VERY cool to see others interested in EllipsisUI and TetradUI. 
VERY cool to hear from you EqUiNoX!

Just to give a little update... EllipsisUI is currently NOT dead but has been on the backburner for a bit of time now.
My focus is to deliver a much improved experience with TetradUI with a complete code overhaul (thanks to Gade) to bring TetradUI to 1080 natively as well as many fixes and improvements. Gade has done mostly everything needed in code and I'm holding things back currently with graphics.
This is where I must apologize, I have been working painfully slow lately as a result of real life issues and priorities that are very much distracting me and robbing my time (and finances too which also takes away from TeamUI because a load of work is sponsored by me).   
As it sits, I have done 95% of the graphic work needed and when I'm done I will release all of it so people can download and edit and make themed textures in a super streamlined way, export files and not have to worry about filenames, and create your theme as easy as possible. It will be at that time that a new and much improved TetradUI will be released to the official Kodi addon repo.

My apologies to anyone that is waiting patiently for anything new. It'll still be a little while longer Sad 

I will also say that when this thread was created I had the most minimal graphic design talent and I've been working hard to change that.
My work probably took 1000x's longer than it would have taken somebody else who knows what their doing from the start, but whats the fun in that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for skinning talent0