Kodi Thumbnails
Every so often I have to refresh due to migration or some other reason, my Kodi folder. I can do things fairly quickly on Windows platforms. Deleting the old thumbnails folder and copying the new one on Windows isn't too painful.

But Android is a different story. It takes a long time to delete the thumbnails folder and a long time to copy the new one in its place.

So I was wondering why the difference and if the thumbnail folders need to be deleted if one has for example moved their Kodi path's to a different NAS. I know there are a lot of files in that thumbnails folder.
(2022-01-11, 03:15)themusj Wrote: Every so often I have to refresh due to migration or some other reason, my Kodi folder.
So I was wondering why the difference and if the thumbnail folders need to be deleted if one has for example moved their Kodi path's to a different NAS

The only reason for that would be that the location of your media folder(s) changes all the time. So how often do you get yourself a different NAS? I haven't had to change source paths in many years. And changing NASes also doesn't have to mean changing Kodi source paths as well.

(2022-01-11, 03:15)themusj Wrote: But Android is a different story. It takes a long time to delete the thumbnails folder and a long time to copy the new one in its place.

Cheap Chinese Android boxes should not be compared to today's average PC setups. Most SDcards used in Android boxes still have terrible write speeds compared to what SSD/NVMe drives can do, and the same applies to CPU differences and LAN speeds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Thumbnails0