Solved Adding New Category - Couple of questions
i want to add a couple new custom categories to my home screen, Netflix and HBOMax

i went through the procedure to add the new categories, but when i choose Button Properties -  Type  "Favorites", when i click on Path, i thought i was supposed to see a list of my Favorites, but instead all i see is None and No Action

i do have the Netflix and HBOMax add-ons tagged as Favorites, so why don't they show when adding the favorites path for the new category?

i was able to add the new categories by using the Add-On Shortcuts option

one other question, so the new categories show on my home screen, but to get the category/add-on to open, i can't just click on the Category name, i have to click on the icon above the category name....this is unlike my other categories like Movies or Music, where clicking on the category name opens the category....why is that?
Kodi 19 + Emby NextGen + Rapier
(2022-01-21, 22:07)phunzoid Wrote: i want to add a couple new custom categories to my home screen, Netflix and HBOMax
use skin settings -> home ->  Add more Categorys
activate custom 1
type preset
path: Videos -> select addon -> Netflix
(2022-01-21, 22:07)phunzoid Wrote: one other question, so the new categories show on my home screen, but to get the category/add-on to open, i can't just click on the Category name, i have to click on the icon above the category name....this is unlike my other categories like Movies or Music, where clicking on the category name opens the category....why is that?

there are 2 options here "addons" and "select addons" - 2nd is the solution for your problem, 1st is the addon select menu
@phunzoid
Looks like @skybird1980 has a great solution.

Please let me know if that solves the problem.
(2022-01-27, 05:52)skybird1980 Wrote:
(2022-01-21, 22:07)phunzoid Wrote: i want to add a couple new custom categories to my home screen, Netflix and HBOMax
use skin settings -> home ->  Add more Categorys
activate custom 1
type preset
path: Videos -> select addon -> Netflix

awesome, that's exactly what i needed...thanks  Big Grin
Kodi 19 + Emby NextGen + Rapier
Great thanks.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding New Category - Couple of questions0