Solved Stuck On 'Loading Screen'
Hi,

I'm using an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 & changed from the Aeon Tajo skin to Arctic Zephyr-Reloaded & I seem to be stuck on some type of 'loading screen'. It is a cloudscape with the words 'Artic Zephyr-Reloaded' in the middle along with the current time in the bottom left. Any press of the remote gives me the system sounds so it hasn't frozen up but I can't get off this screen at all whatever button I push on the remote? I could uninstall Kodi & re-install again but I am really loathe to do this as my library has 13K+ movies & 1.5K+ tv series & even though I have backed-up the nfo's it's still gonna take days to re-populate the library let alone all the set-up of adding all my own menu items again  Sad .

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get away from this screen or have I well & truly 'borked' it?

Thanks.

MartinK
Could you provide a screenshot of what you mean?
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. How do I post an image. If I click the 'image' button it asks for a URL. I'm gonna search the forum rules to see how to do it  Big Grin . I'm sure it's somewhere
https://www.linkpicture.com/view.php?img...1054237012 - Hope that helps
OK, I've updated Kodi through using the latest nightly build & it's still stuck on this screen. It's definitely 'live' & running as some of the keyboard shortcuts work. It looks as though I need to change skin somehow? Is there a way to go to the system menu? I've checked the keyboard shortcuts & can't find one. If I can force a change of skin I can work out what's going on.

Alternatively, if I delete the skin in the addon_data folder & restart, that should jump me to the default skin shouldn't it?
(2022-01-29, 18:10)MartinKnowles Wrote: Alternatively, if I delete the skin in the addon_data folder & restart, that should jump me to the default skin shouldn't it?
Yes, it should. But to me it sounds like there is an issue with script.skinshortcuts not being able to build the menu. So you could also try renaming the "userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts" folder and reboot, then a standard menu should be build. If that works you could try figuring out what went wrong with your own menu. And if it doesn't work you still have your original menu in the renamed folder to go back to.
Thanks but sadly, it won't let me rename the folder or even delete it?
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Nvidia Shield, but either Kodi prevents you from renaming the folder or you do not have sufficient rights to do so.

Maybe just delete the skin folder (if you can do that) and when you are back in the default skin you could try using Kodi's filemanager to rename the script.skinshortcuts folder and then reinstall the skin.
Yep, that's what I thought. I deleted the skin folder but that doesn't work. Somehow, when I open Kodi it's still on this skin even though the folder has been deleted? I've tried deleting the guisettings.xml file but it says I have no permission & I've tried deleting the script.skinshortcuts folder. It goes through the delete process but just stays in the folder. 

I'm all out of ideas.  All I need is access to the settings menu or to force a skin change but I can't do anything. I've even tried to download a kodi remote to my phone & access the menu that way but I can't connect.
OK, sorted. I downloaded Amaze File Manager on the Shield & managed to delete the guisettings.xml file, restarted kodi & voila! back to Estuary. Thanks for all the advice.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck On 'Loading Screen'0